Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rum Runner JK
YES
In the snow they also tied two tires together for better control, towed fuel tank with them
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone explain the pontoons? It looks cool, but how would it help? The tires need to touch the bottom to move the Jeep, unless they added an outboard or something....
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by wvxlt
Can someone explain the pontoons? It looks cool, but how would it help? The tires need to touch the bottom to move the Jeep, unless they added an outboard or something....
I'm on my phone, but if you Google "Jeep round the world trip" you should find their blog pretty quickly. They got to Siberia before the journey died in d unusually heavy snow. They planned to sail across the Bering Strait with the pontoons.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

I'm on my phone, but if you Google "Jeep round the world trip" you should find their blog pretty quickly. They got to Siberia before the journey died in d unusually heavy snow. They planned to sail across the Bering Strait with the pontoons.
Oh wow. I'm on my phone too, but I will definitely look that up later. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Here

pny2009.com/
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Here's another extreme event involving Jeep JKs--this time only slightly modded Rubis--Winch and special tires (to cope with the glacier ice) ...

hoehenrekord2007.com/cms/front_content.php?idcat=96&idart=162
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just watched all of the videos for the accross the world expedition.... and my initial thoughts were proven true I believe..

Did it strike anyone else as more than a little goofy to be dragging that trailer which is bigger, taller, longer, and wider than the jeep thru 3 ft snow, and everywhere else? If I was going around the world, I think I would just take a ferry accross the large bodies of water.. LOL

That stupid trailer was constantly getting them stuck, and eventually was (in my mind) resposible for their failure.. going thru differential gears like candy.

To be honest.. I thought even the jeeps had some really poor choices and engineering for that type of journey... but maybe that's just me
Old 07-21-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Local Jk crew had a run exploring Cascade mountains, part of Coastal mountains and had a blast! We hit a Whipsaw trail and ran into 3' of snow in the first 30 kms of the trail! The scenery and wildlife were amazing! here are few pics

Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 56willyswagon
Just back from a 19,296km (12,060 mile) expedition across Canada and north to the end of the Canadian Road
How did your Maggiolina hold up and would you recommend it to others in the forum?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LeeCDVM
How did your Maggiolina hold up and would you recommend it to others in the forum?
Fantastic piece of kit!

I would not want to use anything else, other than a RTT.

Each tent has its benefit. Maggiolina takes a little more to set up.
It must be cranked up, and down.
The tent has no bungie cords on the inside to pull the fabric in as you lower it, so you must push the fabric back in as you lower it.
The fabric breathes great and needs almost no time to dry out in the morning before you pack up and move on.

Something that is very importantant if you are moving each day.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!