Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Kinta Dry Run, Sep 12

12/12/12 Edit: It has come to my attention that the land shown in these pictures has been auctioned off and is now all privately held. Out of respect to the property owners, I discourage everyone from venturing into this area. I am told that the landowners will be putting up various blockades, so it would likely be pointless to attempt a trip anyway.

Went on a dry run for a trip in a few weeks for a larger group. Objectives were to verify some trails in the San Bois Mountains near Kinton, OK. We had several points identified on Google Earth to visit that might provide both interesting trails and places to camp. In the end, we found a nice place to camp, and one of two lakes that we sought. The area is rife with gas wells, so many of the access routes are blocked off by gates. Still, great weekend, (though there was nothing dry about it!), with challenging trails, plenty of winching action (lost count of how many times), and great camaraderie. Here are a few pics (more on my public FB page here ... facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3986974753699.2150505.1260697505&type=1&l=3 aeec3b872)

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-12-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Great Pic!!! Wish we had stuff like this on the east coast!!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Great Pic!!! Wish we had stuff like this on the east coast!![/QUOTE]

I agree, the more I see on this forum the more I wanna leave the east coast !
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Patryk
Great Pic!!! Wish we had stuff like this on the east coast!!

I'm on the east cost and there's plenty of that ... =)

Great picture BTW and I love that Defender !!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Went on a dry run for a trip in a few weeks for a larger group. Objectives were to verify some trails in the San Bois Mountains near Kinton, OK. We had several points identified on Google Earth to visit that might provide both interesting trails and places to camp. In the end, we found a nice place to camp, and one of two lakes that we sought. The area is rife with gas wells, so many of the access routes are blocked off by gates. Still, great weekend, (though there was nothing dry about it!), with challenging trails, plenty of winching action (lost count of how many times), and great camaraderie.
Are you on Central Overland and is the trip you are prepping for called the "melting pot" trip?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada

But your also in Canada in my area and majority of the surrounding area that I have knowledge of does not have much " exploration" worthy terrain. :(
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN
Are you on Central Overland and is the trip you are prepping for called the "melting pot" trip?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not, James (Defender D90) might be. But this is a trip for local friends in the area around Oklahoma.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada

That's an awesome rig. His wife has a JK (her second, now a '12), which is actually how I met him. Saw her previous '08 JK parked at his business next door to my church one day when I was cutting the grass there. Back then JKs were still pretty uncommon, so went over and introduced myself. We've become frequent travelers on trips together since. Here's another picture of his Defender taken earlier this year on the Clayton Trail (on way to K-Trail) ...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

12/12/12 Edit: It has come to my attention that the land shown in this video has been auctioned off and is now all privately held. Out of respect to the property owners, I discourage everyone from venturing into this area. I am told that the landowners will be putting up various blockades, so it would likely be pointless to attempt a trip anyway.

YouTube video of a small part of our trip to the San Bois Mountains this past weekend. I will be making a longer video, but won't include all of this one in it (just some of it). This doesn't include the rain and mud and winching from the day before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_aLK7pY_Ew

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-12-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!