Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
Well, I finally broke down and bought a fridge...so far I love it. It's an Edgestar 43Q/60 can size one. Got it on Craigslist yesterday and so far is seems awesome. I thought it was a good buy since it is like new but at a lower price. I figured if I ever need more that this would be a great entry level fridge. If I don't need more, than I'll keep it until it dies.

I want one of those.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by salmonaediot
Now 11 available. Looks like a good book. Thanks Mark.
Yeah. You guys drove up the price, LOL. I paid $24 each for two copies (gave one to the Defender owner for all the welding and fab work he's been doing for me) just a few days ago!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 questions

Just curious, what do you expo guys think about an on-board welder? I'm trying to decide if a welding setup would be worth the hefty price tag.

Also, if you own an on-board fridge, how do you run it?

How do you have it connected to power supply?

How much does it actually draw?

Lastly, how do you keep it when it's not in use (always on and full of ice cold soda?)?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Yeah. You guys drove up the price, LOL. I paid $24 each for two copies (gave one to the Defender owner for all the welding and fab work he's been doing for me) just a few days ago!
Now it's $24.72. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ripster
Now it's $24.72. Thanks for the heads up on this!

ANNOYING. I paid $39 + shipping... I had no clue the price fluctuates...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOGS

ANNOYING. I paid $39 + shipping... I had no clue the price fluctuates...
That's what I paid as well. Maybe we are getting the Deluxe version. <not>
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall
I want one of those.
I love it. $370 off local Craigslist. Working on a mount/slide system. So far money very well spent.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
I love it. $370 off local Craigslist. Working on a mount/slide system. So far money very well spent.
Cool, they're $400 shipped on Amazon right now, but I have to wait to see if I made my yearly bonus before I can even think of spending that much on my Jeep, lol. I hope the price stays low. I might try my local classifieds too.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGS
Just curious, what do you expo guys think about an on-board welder? I'm trying to decide if a welding setup would be worth the hefty price tag.

Also, if you own an on-board fridge, how do you run it?

How do you have it connected to power supply?

How much does it actually draw?

Lastly, how do you keep it when it's not in use (always on and full of ice cold soda?)?
I think if you're in a large group, someone having OBW could be a nice feature. You probably won't need it, but if you do ...

As for fridge, I run mine off the aux battery (dual-battery install), wired to a seperate circuit direct to the battery. The fridges typically draw 1-2 amps, so not much really.

When I'm not using mine, it's stored in the garage. I know some will work off 120-volts (my ARB does), so some folks use it to keep drinks cold in their workshop/garage when not using it on trips.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall
Cool, they're $400 shipped on Amazon right now, but I have to wait to see if I made my yearly bonus before I can even think of spending that much on my Jeep, lol. I hope the price stays low. I might try my local classifieds too.
I almost bought it new, but I liked picking it up local and this one is practially new. Once you're thinking of spending the cash, I would say it's worth it. And mine you, I'm very concious with my purchases and give them a lot of thought.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!