Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Mark Doiron;3782460]Thanks! Here's one more pic I overlooked in my first post. This was on the way down as that big winter storm was sweeping into western Texas. I hit it in Midland/Odessa. Image shot in the Davis Mountains ..

I love it out there my parents live in FT. Davis, not far from McDonald observetory I'm hitting Colorado the week of Christmas and coming back thru Ft. Davis and Big Bend the week of New Years. One of these days I'm going to buy some property in Terlingua to use as Base Camp, after I do maybe I'll go home and maybe I'll just become a desert rat and live out my days playing Rat Patrol.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

[QUOTE=bepperson70;3782675]
Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I love it out there my parents live in FT. Davis, not far from McDonald observetory I'm hitting Colorado the week of Christmas and coming back thru Ft. Davis and Big Bend the week of New Years. One of these days I'm going to buy some property in Terlingua to use as Base Camp, after I do maybe I'll go home and maybe I'll just become a desert rat and live out my days playing Rat Patrol.
Not a bad life. One thing I've noted during my trips down that way is the people all seem very friendly and happy.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Not a bad life. One thing I've noted during my trips down that way is the people all seem very friendly and happy.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they're off the radar and don't worry about life they just living and enjoy.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just back from Big Bend. Couple pics of the Jeep ...

Camped at Guale 2 in Big Bend Ranch State Park. Supposed to be the prettiest view in the region. Sadly, we arrived just as the sun finished setting, and the next morning we were literally in the clouds.
Awesome JK and pic !! The weather or fog makes it look even more imposing and bada$$ !! Nice
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was down in Big Bend in March, great trip, but 4.5 days was not enough
Old 12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBruce
was down in Big Bend in March, great trip, but 4.5 days was not enough
It is huge. With the national park and state park, there are over a million unfenced acres to explore. This was my third trip, and I look forward to more.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is huge. With the national park and state park, there are over a million unfenced acres to explore. This was my third trip, and I look forward to more.
Mark, do you have a link to the exact mounts and cradle of your nexus? I tried searching the ram mount side but didn't really come up w the cradle part...I do not have a nexus tho but I do have the 7inch Verizon ellipsis 7 which I'm sure would work too.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and also, with the map factor app did you do the free maps or the tom tom maps? It gave me Two options on the initial opening of the app
Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nvm. I found the links in the YouTube video,
Old 12-13-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know how those tablets compare in dimension to an i pad with sleeve but my part # is Ram-hol-tab8u. Hope that might help.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!