Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Full video from last month's run of Buckhorn OHV trails and Devil's Den State Park, AR, is now online ...

EDIT: I watched this five times over two days to wring out all mistakes before uploading it, and still left "Teasers" on the very first slide. Doh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkNU8d8w-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Mark Done nice
Old 02-13-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full video from last month's run of Buckhorn OHV trails and Devil's Den State Park, AR, is now online ... EDIT: I watched this five times over two days to wring out all mistakes before uploading it, and still left "Teasers" on the very first slide. Doh! YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkNU8d8w-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Well done. But the whole thing was a tease.. I wanna go wheel and camp now lol
Old 02-13-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Full video from last month's run of Buckhorn OHV trails and Devil's Den State Park, AR, is now online ...

EDIT: I watched this five times over two days to wring out all mistakes before uploading it, and still left "Teasers" on the very first slide. Doh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkNU8d8w-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Great video Mark! Makes me wish I had the time and money to finish my Jeep and get out there!

EDIT: Also noticed the chainsaw. When you go out on expeditions does someone in your group typically carry a chainsaw?

Last edited by toxicity_27; 02-13-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toxicity_27
Great video Mark! Makes me wish I had the time and money to finish my Jeep and get out there!

EDIT: Also noticed the chainsaw. When you go out on expeditions does someone in your group typically carry a chainsaw?
Helps when you run into something like this, lol...

Old 02-13-2014, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Tire shine! I'm going to have to use that. Lol
Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by toxicity_27

It is something we usually discuss beforehand. So, not always, but sometimes. If no one has one, then we'll always have a selection of axes and Wood-Pals to attack any problem.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JBurnside
Tire shine! I'm going to have to use that. Lol
They did that while I was showering. In the future they'd better get used to "Eau du Doiron au Naturel".
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default do you change differntial fluids as soon as you get home ??

that amount of water dosent hurt the jeep in any way? ive never enterd water , curious on issues that it causes if any looks cool as hell but id be afraid of stalling with a standard shift in the middle . i know you dont then use clutch but suppose you hit a rock under water how would you stop with out using the clutch ???
Old 02-14-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Wellll, I won't go so far as to say it won't hurt the Jeep. In the video you see the Toyota lost his alternator. And later you see him being pulled by me without explanation: He stalled on a steep, rocky climb and needed a pull start because his starter had now died.

After running the Canadian River twice last year, I had some repairs at least partly attributable to the silt and quicksand (two videos on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested). A unit bearing failed, and a front axle seal started leaking a few weeks later. Axle seal was caused by silt trapped up inside the axle tube. Most times nothing will break, but it is hard on parts. It is all part of what we do. That includes trail repairs.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Oh, rock underwater: Check out the route. This was a public road we were on, with rock walls on both sides, so it was clear of rocks (though floods can change that unexpectedly the next time you come through). If you do find that rock, someone behind you can pull you back so you can turn and clear the rock. If your buddy is in front of you, then you shouldn't have a problem because you're following his route. Right? :-)

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!