Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by biker2jeeper
These are the jeeps that need to be in commercials.... They wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots if people knew the potential of these machines....
I think that with the advent of the four door in 2007, it really opened up the Jeeps to this style of use. Before that, because of space limitations, it was just a few hardy souls who chose to use two-doors on expedition type travel. Now, the Unlimiteds are building up quite a reputation. The latest issue of Overland Journal raves about their long-term test JKU. And just yesterday Newsweek published their list of best value vehicles, and 2012 Wrangler was on it--primarily because of the redesigned interior (in 2011) and the Pentastar engine. As more folks choose these, the reputation of the Wrangler will move beyond rock crawling to include overlanding/expedition travel and I think you'll see marketing move there was as well. JMHO, of course.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I think that with the advent of the four door in 2007, it really opened up the Jeeps to this style of use. Before that, because of space limitations, it was just a few hardy souls who chose to use two-doors on expedition type travel. Now, the Unlimiteds are building up quite a reputation. The latest issue of Overland Journal raves about their long-term test JKU. And just yesterday Newsweek published their list of best value vehicles, and 2012 Wrangler was on it--primarily because of the redesigned interior (in 2011) and the Pentastar engine. As more folks choose these, the reputation of the Wrangler will move beyond rock crawling to include overlanding/expedition travel and I think you'll see marketing move there was as well. JMHO, of course.
I agree with you
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like America's own Land Rover Defender now, but with a better interior(2011+)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I'm kinda wanting a 4-dr now but my wife gets the next so guess will just have to build hers out
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone considering the Ursa J30 when it's out?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
I love winter camping! Here are some of my pics:

You are tha man! Your set-up is awesome.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
First you gotta move to Colorado Bri! Tons of back country to ski and nobody using it. A lot of the trails are closed in winter though, and rightly so as they are treacherous, but there are still many safe, unregulated areas to explore.
In which part of Colorado are you? Working for the winter in Silverton and plan to stay in the area for the summer and explore!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

First i want to say I absolutely love this thread! hope my rig is worthy....In due time, more $$$.

I'm in the process of building my version of an expedition/beach/UAV/camping rig. Pretty much want an all around do anything anytime jeep. Still need to get some more necessary mods, just got to figure out what's first/next on the list....
Keep them coming!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2xplore
In which part of Colorado are you? Working for the winter in Silverton and plan to stay in the area for the summer and explore!
I'm up near Aspen. Silverton is great. Lots to explore nearby. Funny...I came here from Portland. Used to be at OHSU, lived in SW hills for 15 years. Sunny CO is way better for me.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gravy Jones
Odd question...... Do you rotate your trailer tires into your jeep rotation schedule? I've always rotated all 5 (including the spare). Seem like if you had seven identical wheels/tires, you could rotate your way to a lot of miles.
No, but makes sense. Ive been doing just the 5. I have two sets of 7 tires and wheels: Mtr-ks on AEV Pintlers for summer, studded GY Duratracs on black Procomps for winter. Makes it easy to seasonally swap at home, but a bitch to store everything. It does split up the wear though.

Rubicon_fan: awesome pics! Makes me regret not being able to go out last weekend. It actually rained....never happens in January. All snow afterwards though so X-games should be good!

Last edited by ShakyJake; 01-25-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!