Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 07-12-2018, 12:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Okay, folks, here's the teaser video for the UT-IDA-WY trip ...

The following users liked this post:
Cascade Wanderer (10-17-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Man, that really looks great!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great teaser looking forward to your finished video!
Old 07-23-2018, 02:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

The UT-IDA-WYO Ramble video series is complete. Playlist is located here ...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jfWDMkeDbuGAVq
JKMM2011 (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Watched the series as usual great job!! The wildfires are always a thing to cope with when in the woods or back country. Looking forward to future ventures and videos. Thanks
Old 07-30-2018, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

That Chevy truck looked like a really interesting rig! I'd love to learn a little more about it.

Great videos, as always, Mark. Every one I watch starts me dreaming of adventure!

Btw, have you ever done the Rimrocker Trail that runs between Montrose, CO and Moab? Some buddies and I are heading out to Moab in October and are looking to do that trail.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by dmwil
That Chevy truck looked like a really interesting rig! I'd love to learn a little more about it.

Great videos, as always, Mark. Every one I watch starts me dreaming of adventure!

Btw, have you ever done the Rimrocker Trail that runs between Montrose, CO and Moab? Some buddies and I are heading out to Moab in October and are looking to do that trail.
If you watched my Maze District Expedition series, that truck is the replacement for the one that was "totaled" at the end of the series (as he was headed back to Oregon). Tad and Chuck would build that new truck. It is pretty cool, and I expect it will show up in future videos. He does have the old truck, too, having bought it back from the insurance company. And it is fixed, as well. But this truck was already in build even before the accident.

I have not run Rimrocker. I have plans to pass through that area a couple times before the end of the year, but don't think that it's on the schedule. There are other exciting routes, though, so stay tuned.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mark Doiron:
dmwil (08-05-2018), JKMM2011 (08-03-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Great series, I really enjoy the narration you provide. You sir, have a new subscriber.
Mark Doiron (08-08-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Got a fridge I can use in either my JK or JL! It is a Snomaster LS35 and holds about 35 quarts. It is really nice, and is rated to get down to 8 below zero! I've been running around, testing it in my JL in some hot weather. It stayed in the back of the Jeep for a long 12 hour 90 degree work day last Thursday. When ready to go home, I opened it up and pulled out an ice cold ginger ale. The fridge stayed right at the set 33 degrees and didn't kill the battery! No more coolers or ice, for me. I really think this is going to be one of my favorite additions to the Jeep. My wife likes it so much she's suggesting another. I waffled between the Snomaster and an ARB. In the end, the 7 year compressor warranty on the Snomaster gave it the edge. I also like the location of the plugs, since they are closer to the 12v outlet instead of in the back. That's minor, but convenient.

Anyway, I decided that an expedition modded Jeep isn't complete without a fridge, after watching a bunch of videos from Aussies, like Ronny Dahl and Andrew St. Pierre White, who go out for days and weeks on end. It is pretty nice not to have to buy or manage ice and for food not to get water logged.

My wife thought I was nuts, but now wants one for her vehicle. Lol!

Last edited by dmwil; 08-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome as always Mark. The ole girl is still kickin! how many miles do you have on it now?

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!