Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you thank you thank you

I am SOOOOO happy to have found this thread! I have spent the last 3 hours drooling as I email photo after photo to my girl... I am so glad to see JK's on the trail and DIY modded and fabbed for more than rocks and malls and mud pits. YOU HAVE MADE ME SO HAPPY THREAD MEMBERS!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the thread. Good place to be.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Who has the red jku in socal

Yesterday i was on the 91 heading east midday and i passed the most insane red jku here in socal. Heavily expedition loaded with matching red trailer.

I would love to read a write up on it if anyone knows the guy.

Totally amazing
Old 06-08-2012, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
I am SOOOOO happy to have found this thread! I have spent the last 3 hours drooling as I email photo after photo to my girl... I am so glad to see JK's on the trail and DIY modded and fabbed for more than rocks and malls and mud pits. YOU HAVE MADE ME SO HAPPY THREAD MEMBERS!!!
I miss my Jeep!!

Ozark Overland Trail rash.

In the body shop right now.

Sniff.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

I am really enjoying this thread as well. It's nice to see Jeeps set up in so many different ways.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody in this thread use the front runner outfitters rack for the hard top? Looks like a great system that they have and Im curious
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Rear winch...

Originally Posted by 2011 JKer
Been watching this thread for a while now, this is the route I am going with my Jeep (even though it's only a 2 door). Only had it a year, but I think it's coming along nicely. Been waiting 6 weeks now for my Olympic 4x4 Smuggler rear bumper, so I can have front & rear winches. Procomp 7031 wheels are coming this week. Garvin wilderness roof rack, rooftop tent and 35" tires will hopefully be ordered & installed by the end of August.

Here's how it looks so far.
I too am an expedition minded 2 door JK- so welcome to the club! I really think that a rear winch is overkill and would hate to see you wasting time waiting on something before you enjoy what youve got.

Youtube videos of using trail jacks to winch yourself. It is equipment you already have, and less weight means less fuel and more space. IMHO... but rear winches DO LOOK AWESOME
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Plywood!!!

Originally Posted by JeepinJer
Very nice setup. I love seeing custom stuff tailored to each person's needs. To be able to keep your bike inside and safe is great.
I live seeing plywood mods!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Thats what SHE said...

Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1
Welcome to the thread. Good place to be.
Yeah, I just moved back to Houston from the PacNW... Living in the Chehalis valley afforded me ALOT of unique experiences that I just CANNOT replicate here. However, now I have a JK so its about rocking what I have where I can!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Default not quite my point...

Originally Posted by 2011 JKer
Yeah, I cancelled my order on it, it got to the 8th week and no one could tell me where it was at or when I'd get it, so... Cancelled. Going with an L.o.D instead, costs more, so gotta save a while longer.
My point was more about ENJOYING WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY! Trail jacks are essential and versatile.

SIDENOTE- just bought a SMITTYBILT 54" jack, and INTERNAL mounting option suggestions?

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!