Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

IPF lights

Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
if you someone is really dreading how much light the headlights put out, but dont want HIDS just yet.
i put on a teraflex leveling kit. and it made a world of a difference with the headlights. it made me think, maybe they are just angled too low stock or something like that, cause i HATED the stock b4 the lift and IPFs were among the first on my list of to dos, now, after the lift, IPFs are far down my list. just a tip if youre not wanting to drop the $ for headlights.
You DO know that the headlights are adjustable...right? There's a write-up on Project-JK that shows how to adjust the lights (IPF's or not) to direct them to the proper height while driving. (This is mainly for people who get lifts - so they don't blind oncoming traffic.)
Old 05-14-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski
Yea I know they do. I'm saying I didn't think it would do anything till after I got the lift on. Which made me think, for anyone else wanting better headlights, just to try adjusting them.
No, stock headlights just plain suck, period.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

even the head lights are IPF. they are awesome.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDoubleD
Damn. Left IPF light went out. damn; this is the second harness. Same issue as others that posted. Pop the hood; wiggle the wire and it works. Very annoying to say the least.

Ended up hard wiring the lights. What a pain in the ass to buy a high end set of lights and have it messed up as a result of bad adapters for my vehicle. On a good note; no problems for over a week now.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad I read this. I was thinking about either Delta Quad Bars or the IPF headlight upgrade. Sounds like there are a lot of issues with both.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

My driver side is out again! This is my fourth adaptor! So pissed! I'm hard wiring! I can't believe ARB is still selling them the way they are! My friend's both went out and he finally put the stock lights back on, he doesn't want to do the hard wire thing.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow I thought this was only me. I had this problem a while back and they sent me a new adapter. I could tell the old one had been burned up a bit. Other then that one instance though, I haven't had a problem.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

I'm pretty sure it's only the 07-08 models that have the wiring issues with the harness adaptors. I have a 2010 and never had any problems with the adaptors.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20JK10
I'm pretty sure it's only the 07-08 models that have the wiring issues with the harness adaptors. I have a 2010 and never had any problems with the adaptors.
What are you talking about?!? It's the same harness! It don't matter what year Jeep you have, the kits are all the same.

Quick Reply: IPF lights