Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build

Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfleur91
lets see some pics!
I'll post some pics as soon as I get home to Michigan. I'm currently in Arizona for some work and vacation time with the family. I actually stopped by ******* jeep today to talk to Jason, check out the dealership and see some of their cool built jeeps. They have a badass orange jkur converted to a Jk-8 with a bunch of aev and rigid goodies. Jason was a cool guy to bs with and it was nice to meet him!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKashat

I'll post some pics as soon as I get home to Michigan. I'm currently in Arizona for some work and vacation time with the family. I actually stopped by ******* jeep today to talk to Jason, check out the dealership and see some of their cool built jeeps. They have a badass orange jkur converted to a Jk-8 with a bunch of aev and rigid goodies. Jason was a cool guy to bs with and it was nice to meet him!
Is that your little one. I can almost hear her. "Daddy, I want that jeep" lol

That's a sweet JK8 though
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Couple shots of the front end done (except for the AEV hood).
Unless, I find a better way to mound the Rigid 20" E-Series...

Go get some molding tape....remove that Jeep logo on the front...black it out....and reinstall it.

It will look sweet.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Redman333
Is that your little one. I can almost hear her. "Daddy, I want that jeep" lol

That's a sweet JK8 though
Yup, that's my little girl Gianna. She just turned 2 on April 4th. She LOVES my Jeep, she call's it "Daddy's White Beep Beep", lol. She had a blast at the dealership. pointing at every Jeep and swing that's Daddy's/Gigi's beep beep, and pointing out colors. She liked the all orange JKUR the most. I actually liked the all Gecko Green the most, never thought I'd like that color, lol.

Originally Posted by rays0852
Go get some molding tape....remove that Jeep logo on the front...black it out....and reinstall it.

It will look sweet.
Can you explain more about this molding tape? I've never heard of it. THanks!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

It will look sweet.
Fishing line works great. Use it to saw the backing off the sticky stuff behind the letters. Then use Goo Gone or the like to remove sticky stuff front grill.

Paint them letters, add more sticky stuff to back, and reinstall.

Can't remember what the sticky stuff is called, it's foamy, black, and sticky on both sides.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Yup, that's my little girl Gianna. She just turned 2 on April 4th. She LOVES my Jeep, she call's it "Daddy's White Beep Beep", lol. She had a blast at the dealership. pointing at every Jeep and swing that's Daddy's/Gigi's beep beep, and pointing out colors. She liked the all orange JKUR the most. I actually liked the all Gecko Green the most, never thought I'd like that color, lol.

What the other poster just mentioned...use some fishing line to get behind the letters and then some acetone or goo gone to get the residue off.

3M or any other body molding tape is usually sold at any auto parts store. Its double sided and is the consistency of say a stiff clay and foam tape added together. Its double sided. The b!tch is to trim it so it fits the letters and does not stick out of the sides. Well worth the time cause it looks awesome when done. Use an exacto knife or a box cutter to get it trimmed right.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

You know I didn't think I'd like the gecko either but I saw one at the dealership last week and I actually like it a lot. It's a bit bright for me but I like the look, and I pick up my orange jeep tomorrow morning.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Nice Build! Looks great with all the aev stuff! White looks good with the black wheels and especially with the aev bumpers My only complaint would be that your replaced your rubi rails for the side steps....makes it easier to get in but still!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by runnerprairie
Nice Build! Looks great with all the aev stuff! White looks good with the black wheels and especially with the aev bumpers My only complaint would be that your replaced your rubi rails for the side steps....makes it easier to get in but still!
I agree

I swapped my Sahara steps for Rubi rails

Ace sliders are next so the mrs and my little guy can get in easier
Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Redman333
You know I didn't think I'd like the gecko either but I saw one at the dealership last week and I actually like it a lot. It's a bit bright for me but I like the look, and I pick up my orange jeep tomorrow morning.
Congrats on the new Jeep!

Originally Posted by runnerprairie
I agree

I swapped my Sahara steps for Rubi rails

Ace sliders are next so the mrs and my little guy can get in easier
I already had the Sahara side steps (I bought them originally for my 2010 JKUR). I haven't sold my Rock Rails, and don't plan on it. I can/will easily swap the steps for the rails when I plan on an offroading adventure.

Quick Reply: My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build