Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed:
-Lockpick CR-550
-H3R 2.5lb Halguard Fire Extinguisher
-Smittybilt 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher Mount
-Mag Light 6 D Cell Flash Light w/ LED Upgrade
-Smillybilt Flashlight Mount
-Proclip USA V3 Dash Mount w/ iPhone 4 Holder
-Mounted hideaway unit for Cobra 75 WX ST
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Also, bought a LifeHammer. Debating on where to mount it in a 2012...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey. Do you like the new lockpick 550? I would be using it mostly for iPod integration and wondered if it was worth it for just the iPod. Is it easy to control the iPod?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by don123160
Hey. Do you like the new lockpick 550? I would be using it mostly for iPod integration and wondered if it was worth it for just the iPod. Is it easy to control the iPod?
Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. Still have to install the Sony Camera I bought. The Brain on the 550 is larger then my previous V3. And, the harness is longer so that the Brain can be hidden behind the glove box, or in my case under the front of center console. I'll update with my thoughts on it later. So fear, so good.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default You don't owe anybody an explanation!

Real sorry for one &^&^%$ to call you out and judge you for how you spend your money. Takes all kinds! Keep up the great work and enjoy your obsession! (I mean hobby )

Originally Posted by JKashat
Seriously? You don't know me or anything about you. You don't know what I donate or do to help people. So, please don't go so far off topic to call me out in that way. Me and my family (thankfully) do pretty well, and I spend accordingly. I donate to charitable causes and attend charity events on a regular basis. Purple Heart, Salvation Army, and even Refugees of war. When I attent I give money to the Church too. And, I help support my wifes family, who father has been out of work since shorty after we got married back in 2008, and who's mother works full time because she has to, even though she'd rather be spending more time at home with my wife and her grand daughter. Way to burst a guys bubble and make him feel like shit. All I wanted to do was share my excitement for my new Rig, and mods, like SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE on this and other forums, regardless of the type of vehicle. Unbelievable.

And, to answer your question, before I got the Jeep, I had a 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe that was completely modified. I sold that for my 1st JK after I found out my wife was pregnant with out first child. I loved that thing, and wish I didn't have to sell it but at that point I decided that something with 4 doors that had useable cargo space and that could be driven all year round was necessary. Enter the JK. I wish financially I was able to keep the G37 as a summer (fun) car and get the JK as my DD but that wasn't possible. Yes, you could call my previous JK a mall crawler if your like, and that's fine. I used my JK as a DD with the intention of some weekend offroading, but that honestly never happened. I for one am not the guy who is gonna take a brand new rig for hard core offroading to come home with "pinstriping" and damage that I'll have to hope the insurance will cover.

Not that it's anyones business, but I sold my 2010 for $37,000. I only owed $22,000 on it, all the mods were paid cash. The rig alone without the mods was worth $28-30,000. I had over $20,000 into Mods. So, depending on how you look at it, I did really well on the Rig and lost on the mods, OR I lost on the Rig and got my most my money back for the mods. Either way. I was left with a little under $15,000 after bank and misc. fees. I wanted my 2012 to be as nice as the 2010 it was replacing. After deciding to do this build myself, instead of taking it to AEV for a "turnkey vehicle" I figured the money I would be saving (in labor), I would put into additional modifications. I ordered much more right off the bat because I got good deals through Jason @ Rebel Offroad and because I am planning on paying this JK off and keeping it, not selling or trading it in, ever. Unless, circumstances change that I had to.

...Oh yeah, I even donate blood (not referring to when I'm wrenching, lol) to Red Cross because I have a rare Blood Type which is considered to be a "Universial Doner"
Old 05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Amazing mods!

Any recent pics with the mods installed? Seems to me you ought to get some advertising $$ from Jason and others for being such a showcase of what can be done!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chill_JK
Any recent pics with the mods installed? Seems to me you ought to get some advertising $$ from Jason and others for being such a showcase of what can be done!
I've taken some more recent pics but haven't uploaded them yet. Soon enough. I'm exhausted today. I spent all day yesterday installing a AEV 2" Budget Lift and Teraflex Quick Disconnects on my neighbors '09 JKU Sahara. I wish I could get a vendor to sponsor me and let me install some cool products to showcase, but haven't had any luck (not that I've tired). But, at this point, I've done almost everything that I want for now. Except for maybe some Dana 60 Axles and a 6.4vvt HEMI. Hint Hint...
Old 05-06-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

This build is awesome keep it up.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfleur91
This build is awesome keep it up.
Thanks! I'm working' on it, lol.

Lots of pics (garage shots) coming in the next few minutes...
Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Garage pics. Some good, some not so good. Tried to get the Black Reflective Decals from www.***********.com to show in some of the shots.

Quick Reply: My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build