Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build

Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot that AEV still owes me a JK Slider, they were on backorder. Called them this morning and they said they just got them and they were boxing them up and that I could pick up this afternoon. Can't wait for them to see my rig knowing that I did it all MYSELF. Great feeling of pride and accomplishment. I was looking through AEV's website, and I think I have everything they offer for the JK except for the Crush Corners (and HEMI of course). They still wouldn't give me the decals, so I've having some custom ones make, in Black Reflective material.

While I was rewiring the resistors on my Go Recon LED Turn Signals, the housing on the back of drivers side light broke off. I called them to see about a warranty replacement. At first, they didn't want to do anything for me telling me that I broke it and that they could sell me another. I was very surprised at the customer service. After I expressed my extreme dissatisfaction and threatened to put them on blast in every Jeep forum, they said they'd send me a replacement and that I just had to pay shipping. I was happy with that but then they unded up telling me that they would just send me a replacement for free. I think they felt bad for pissing me off and didn't want the negativeity about them on the forums. At the end of the day, it took some effort but they took care of me. Once that comes it it should be a quick install. I should be able to just swap the one out without taking the grill off. They didn't want the defective one back and said just throw it away, lol.

My SMS Harness was acting up on me. It would lock up on the High Beams after a few flicks, and wouldn't go back to the Low Beams unless I turned the lights off and back on again. I called them (either yesterday or the day before) and they told me they'd sent me a new harness. Kindof wish I would've tested it better (for functionality) before I took the time to run the harness so nicely and zip tied it all up, but oh well. To my surprise the harness arrived this morning. There's a shipping label in the box to send back the defective one. They said they'd test it out to find out what the problem was. Wow, that was lightning fast shipping and great customer service.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Stopped by AEV this afternoon and picked up the slider. Install was cake but I'm getting tired of wrenching on my back with the creeper. At lest not that it's lifted I can actually roll around under there, lol.

Firestick flag, spring and quick disconnect came in today. Just waiting on the rugged ridge 3" tube mount the i'll be about ready for rocks and valleys on the 18th.

Still gotta wire up the cb, rear dually d2's, and put in the bestop knuckles.

Then I just gotta buy a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit.

Lastly, I need to get a cooler to fill up with non-alcoholic beverages.

...I have no clue how to use a cb, lol
Old 04-28-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Sold my stock wheels/tires, AEV snorkel, and yellow AEV center caps today locally. Gave away the stock bumpers, skid plate, rear hook, and lug nuts. Immediately after, PM'd Jason @ Rebel Off Road for the 50" E-Series Light bar and Aluminum Poison Spyder GEN 2 Mount! Jason rocks and has taken good care of me in the past. The Gen 2 mount will be painted "Bright White" to follow with the theme.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKashat
Sold my stock wheels/tires, AEV snorkel, and yellow AEV center caps today locally. Gave away the stock bumpers, skid plate, rear hook, and lug nuts. Immediately after, PM'd Jason @ Rebel Off Road for the 50" E-Series Light bar and Aluminum Poison Spyder GEN 2 Mount! Jason rocks and has taken good care of me in the past. The Gen 2 mount will be painted "Bright White" to follow with the theme.
Looking forward to seeing it!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JKashat
Done and done.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Done and done.
You got PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Yesterday, I removed the Sahara Side Steps and reinstalled the Rubicon Rock Rails. I have listed the Steps for sale on Craigslist. Might take a drive over to Ace Engineering to check out their side rail protection, or see if they can fab up something custom for me. I may end up having to trim the Rock Rails and Pinch Seam. It's close but we'll see after Rocks and Valleys if it rubs or not.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Sold my OEM hood today off Craigslist for $275.

Considering the TNT Customs Sliders with the Adventure Step and Aluminum Boatside Panels, all powdercoated.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Just played an order with Jason @ Rebel Off Road for the TNT Customs Rock Sliders with step and alumium boatside, powdercoated. They (TNT, not Rebel) are out of stock, but being built. Should be about 2 weeks. Excited.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Just ordered and received the Smart Straps from Smart Fabrications. They are a replacement strap for worn out straps or an upgrade to the OEM straps with the strap extensions provided with the Smart Fab Smart Door kit. Very nice. You simply cut off the OEM straps and replace them with these. They're pretty slick, they use a zipper for installation and give you more room to open the door a bit farther. Simple mod that makes a difference. I like those kind of mods. Pics to be added soon.

Quick Reply: My 2012 Triple White JK Unlimited Rubicon build