Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rough Country Installed

Old 02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet, i just ordered mine, will be here mid day tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rough Country just came out with a trailer hitch setup that replaces the factory tow hook. Of couse it is $20 less than the one on Quadratec. Looks like I'll be calling Jason again......
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pt156
I may have missed this, but did you keep your factory shocks? If not, which did you replace them with?
it comes with adapters
Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

so why do they not recommend running this kit with 35" offroad? Is there rubbing issues?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Sahara
so why do they not recommend running this kit with 35" offroad? Is there rubbing issues?
It's like any other budget boost! all you do is add coil spacers and shock adapters... I think you need wheel spacers to run a bigger tire, just like with any BB, unless you're getting new wheels with the right backspacing...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

BTW, RC also will level your jeep, frot spacers are 2'5", rear 2".... Ican't wait till saturday to install it.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Labrador
It's like any other budget boost! all you do is add coil spacers and shock adapters... I think you need wheel spacers to run a bigger tire, just like with any BB, unless you're getting new wheels with the right backspacing...
Ok, lets say I get aftermarket wheels and 35" tires, why dont they recommend this setup off-road where as this setup with 33" tires is ok? Also, would the springs pop out at full articulation? I know that TF BB kit has special spacers that prevent this from happening. Just curious if the rough country kit is the same. Im really looking into this kit and the TF kit but I also want to run 35" and go off road with no problem. Im wondering if I should just save some more money and get a bigger lift for the tires.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

This kit on 35's wouldn't be my first choice if you are planning on rock crawling and need a ton of articulation. It clears the 35's fine without rubbing, and is fine for trailriding, mud, etc. The reason they say that is you are going to stuff the fenders on 35's with this lift if you try to go rockcrawling. It just isn't quite tall enough for that kind of application. Granted, if you plan on doing that kind of wheeling, I dont' think you need to be looking at a budget boost type of lift anyway. Jump up to the 4" lift: $575 complete or got with 33's and the 2.5" lift. I'm in Florida, and here rockcrawling doesn't exactly exist, so I don't need that kind of clearance, plus my Jeep still fits in the garage (barely).
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you! This is wht I was lookign for. I dont plan on doing rock crawling casue there really isnt anywhere to do that here in Indiana either but i do go in the mud and some pretty rough trails and I didnt want to stuff the 35" tires into my fenders, this is what I wanted to know. Does this kit include brake line relocators like the TF BB kit?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, you will need to fab some up or buy some. But is that worth the extra $100?

Quick Reply: Rough Country Installed