Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rough Country Installed

Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I re-attached mine to the stock locations, went and flexed my Jeep out with the 35's and still had slack in the brake line. Extensions aren't needed if you are running 35's.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

well, im planning on running the kit with 35" so I should be fine then. But, $20 shipped from quadratec isnt to bad either. Thats definatly a good deal.
Hey, D1EHARD, dod you order ur RC kit then? Was it $139 shipped? I think I might get this kit now. Im planning on running stockers with 35", I know I will have to get spacers though which worries me, Im not sure how reliable this would be. What do you guys think? I just dont see a spacer holding a pretty heavy wheel/tire combo up reliably. Is it pretty safe?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I've read around here, the decision on spacers is split. Some run them with no worries and some won't go near them. I am on the side staying away from them. I just can't trust them. Especially with the weight of some 35's. To each his own though. Some have ran them for years with no problems.

And to answer your question, yes, I already have my Rough Country Lift. It was 150 and some change shipped to Bama. I am waiting on my wheels and tires to install it.

And Westbayou, that is good news about the stock brackets. I am gonna play it safe and run the extensions anyway, though. It can't hurt!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rough Country sells the rear brake line extensions in the JK 4" lift.....I'm sure if you asked they would sell them with their 2.5 BB lift.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Woo Hoo! I just ordered mine!
This is the first real mod (besides drilling the mirrors and adding my Flameball) I'm getting to do.

Here's my plan:
1. Put on the lift with the stock wheels
2. Let my wife comment on how small the tires look
3. Get some new tires and spacers to even things out

Part of me will miss getting new springs and shocks, but I can always add piece meal later. This definitely fits my pre-recession budget!

*** more pictures of completed installs, please***

The guy (Jason wsn't there) at Rough Country said they've heard no one having problems without rear brake line extensions because it's only a 2" lift in the rear. None needed, none ordered.

Thanks for the info.

D1EHARD, I've got family in Jasper. Beautiful area. I still remember Mark and Brian on the B-ham radio station (and bribing a D-9 operator to pull my VW Bug out of a mud pond back in the woods, and my cousin with a 15 foot box trailer full of uncut shine ).

Roll Tide.

Last edited by mizedog; 02-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered my lift and its should be here the 27 th. Tires and wheels will be next week. Pro Comp 1079 16x8 Dick Cepeck Mud Countrys 285/75/16's. This will be the second lift I have done. The first was a 4 inch on a 71 Bronco to clear the 35 BFG M/t back in 85.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

so do this kit technically level you out? I know that some of the guys running the TF BB kit are also using 3/4" spacers up front on top of the coil spring cups to make the front level with the rear.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Sahara
so do this kit technically level you out? I know that some of the guys running the TF BB kit are also using 3/4" spacers up front on top of the coil spring cups to make the front level with the rear.
I installed the RC 2.5" kit last night, and yes my Jeep is perfectly level. I even put a level on my rock sliders and the bubble was dead center.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dante
I installed the RC 2.5" kit last night, and yes my Jeep is perfectly level. I even put a level on my rock sliders and the bubble was dead center.
Awesome!!! Glad to hear that!!! Hopefully Ill be placing my order in soon for this kit!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed my RC last night and my rig is NOWHERE near level... but I had to run a 1.75" front spacer to level it from stock! So I think with another .75" front spacer, we should be pretty close to level again!

I'm runnin' 295/75R16's on stock 16 aluminmum wheels. Also runnin' a set of SpiderTrax 1.5" wheel spacers and LOVE them. Makes the Jeep feel stable! 3" wider stance...

Quick Reply: Rough Country Installed