Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rough Country Installed

Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok yes this kit is a great deal! But do you need to have the...
brake relocation brackets?
Bump stops?
Sway Bar extensions?
Someone I saw quoted that if you use stock shocks with extensions you will only have around 7" of drop but if you get new ones you will have like 1 foot of drop. Is this true. I'm so torn on what to get or do because there are so many options
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

All depends in what you want it to do. Brake line extensions: $1 each. Don't need the bumpstops in my opinion. If you need the extra droop, step up to the 2.2 shocks. Even at $299 total it is a good deal. Definitely don't need track bar brackets unless you absolutely have to have your axles exactly centered. Myself I can see a difference so I say no.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beta-pg
I installed my RC last night and my rig is NOWHERE near level... but I had to run a 1.75" front spacer to level it from stock! So I think with another .75" front spacer, we should be pretty close to level again!

I'm runnin' 295/75R16's on stock 16 aluminmum wheels. Also runnin' a set of SpiderTrax 1.5" wheel spacers and LOVE them. Makes the Jeep feel stable! 3" wider stance...
x2 on this. I should have known. If you do the math, only adding 1/2" to the front isn't enough to level it out.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Westbayou
Started another thread, but here you go anyway:

That is the most sensible lift I've seen to date...of course, if one is into rock crawling and trashing one's vehicle, then a Stage XXV Lift of stratospheric proportions may be in order...anyway, I think I found inspiration in your lift...I have the OME shocks, so I'll go ahead and order the springs (OME, that is), get my 3" lift, and get that exact tire package you have M/T tyres and wheels...nice job
Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm very happy with it. I actually ordered the wheels and tires from Rough Country as well. Gave me the best price I could find mounted, balanced, and shipped on that specific setup. Literally a couple hundred dollars less than anywhere else. Jason at ext. 121 hooked me up.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

It's good to hear positive opinions about the RC 2.5 lift. I have been looking into several options without braking the bank and this is starting to seem like the way to go. I already have 285/75/16 Firestone MTs with no lift and they fit fine, but I hit a decent dip on the road the other day doing 60 mph and heard a lovely grinding sound . Once I got out and looked I noticed the rear tire had rubbed the fender flare. So now I DEFINITELY WANT A LIFT. I will be getting the 2.2 shocks though. Seems as though the stock shocks have a hard time handling the heavier tires to me. Anyway, great post and thanks to everyone for all the helpful info. Here is a pic of how my JK currently sits after testing out the tires in some very mild mud.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run the RC BB 2.5 lift with 265/75/16 Dakota M/T's. Stock shocks.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics everyone..Here's my self installed BB from RC. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I don't mind the slight rake (although it looks pretty level in the pics)

BEFORE (a)

AFTER (a)

BEFORE (b)

AFTER (b)

Last edited by 4XJKAL; 05-04-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: pic re-order

Quick Reply: Rough Country Installed