Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trektop NX so sweet.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepfamily
Forgive my question if this has been answered in the prior 40+ pages...how much popping is there in safari mode? Less than a true bikini? I have a JKU and it pops and buzzes way too much (even with a top prop).
Though I haven't installed mine yet, I've driven in my buddies plenty of times in safari mode and there is no flap or pop at all. Since it is mounted even better than most factory soft tops and the material is thicker than most bikini tops, you get virtually no flap or pop.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's what I needed to know...
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Default Installed mine yesterday.

It was tough getting everything pulled into place but it was about 60 degrees when we installed it and I did have help, but not as bad as I'd expected. I'm happy with the fitment and It helped to fold back the sunrider section while I installed the windows (my idea). I didn't have anything to make a pull I could leave on for zipper pulls so I just used an old boot lace which basically solved the problem with getting them zipped up. (Run the lace through the hole in the zipper and pull)

My only issue is with the drivers side window not pulling up completley in the corner but I think it's close enough that it'll streach and I'll be able to get it pulled up in warmer weather.

Drivers Side: Close and didn't leak in the rain we got yeserday and last night, but I hope to pull it snugger in time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DriversNX.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	426272

Passengers Side: This is what I think both sides should look like.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PassNX.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	426273
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone in these 40+ pages have a Tuffy overhead CB console? I love this top but Im worried about interference with the front header bar. I've been on google trying to find the answer but I'm coming up dry.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default trektop install

i am looking to get a trektop. i have a freedom top right now. when you order a trektop is there any other special hardware i need to get like the side channels to secure the rear windows?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by farmerwade
i am looking to get a trektop. i have a freedom top right now. when you order a trektop is there any other special hardware i need to get like the side channels to secure the rear windows?
Nope, it comes with everything needed to convert from a hardtop. Door surrounds and Tailgate bar are included.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just put mine on earlier today. Love it so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2211193719.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	426513   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3626031316.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	426514  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Since there is not enough pictures in this thread anymore

I have had mine for year and half now and still love it
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Since there is not enough pictures in this thread anymore

I have had mine for year and half now and still love it
what's the point of having the rear tire up there? just curious to its advantage if any
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CenCalJeepster

what's the point of having the rear tire up there? just curious to its advantage if any
Better departure angle. With larger tires they can get caught and damage the tailgate or rip the tire off. This raises the tire up and out of danger. Disadvantage is raises the center of gravity. Personally I think it looks badass.

Quick Reply: Trektop NX so sweet.