Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What bumper is this?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bumper is this?

I saw a bumper in a parking lot today that looked like it might fit my needs pretty well. If this bumper is available with OEM foglight cutouts, I’d strongly consider this one. However, I have no idea who makes this bumper. Does anyone have any idea what bumper this is? As things stand right now, I’m leaning toward a Poison Spyder Brawler.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matt33
I saw a bumper in a parking lot today that looked like it might fit my needs pretty well. If this bumper is available with OEM foglight cutouts, I’d strongly consider this one. However, I have no idea who makes this bumper. Does anyone have any idea what bumper this is? As things stand right now, I’m leaning toward a Poison Spyder Brawler.
This bumper is made by Smittybilt. it's the XRC model.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check and see if this Smittybilt is available with OEM foglight holes.

Like I said, I'm leaning toward a bare steel Poison Spyder bumper/skid and having it Line-X'd, but I'll look into the Smittybilt as well. The SM I saw today did have some rust spots, hopefully Line-X would prevent that.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is the only model they have for a jk in the xrc. I have it and it is a great bumper.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same bumper too, installed it last month. Great stubby look and found the best price at jeep 4x4 center....$100 cheaper than every other site i've checked
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HitmanNOLA
I have the same bumper too, installed it last month. Great stubby look and found the best price at jeep 4x4 center....$100 cheaper than every other site i've checked
I have had mine for about 8 months now and it has held up great. It has been hit into rocks many times and no damage at all.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to get this bumper but I had to change my mind because it did not have the holes for factory fogs.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by renpia
I was going to get this bumper but I had to change my mind because it did not have the holes for factory fogs.
I had a hard time puling the trigger b/c no spot for factory fogs and I really like having the fog lights. I really thought it was one of the better looking stubby bumpers out there and i just put some insanely bright head light bulbs to compensate for no more fog lights. Ppl always flash their lights b/c they think I'm riding with brights on
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

i'm going to be buying the SRC model soon, i'm planing on somehow having the factory fog lights going through those 5 holes on the bottem.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

I wired 5" hids into fog light switch works great. Not so much on the street though. Hella optilux work trick. But too bright for street use.

Quick Reply: What bumper is this?