Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What safari top is that your wearing?? I don't see any of the normal door plastics, needed for the Bestop one..
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice setup, Do you live in Phoenix? I could have swore I saw this setup driving down Camelback one day.

D
Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

What safari top is that your wearing?? I don't see any of the normal door plastics, needed for the Bestop one..
The top is a Mopar part number 82210544. I got as part of a trade for my stock wheels and tires. It works with or without the plastic rails. I do however have the front door rails installed. The top has a piece that fits nicely into the rail to help secure the front to the top of the windshield.

Originally Posted by yellowbull
Nice setup, Do you live in Phoenix? I could have swore I saw this setup driving down Camelback one day.

D
Thanks! Assuming you were asking me and not one of the posters above me, I live in Los Alamos, NM. The picture was taken about twenty minutes from my house.

Although I get to Phoenix a few times a year, I have yet to get my JK there. We usually drive my wife's Commander. One of these days, though, I would love to go wheeling in Phoenix. Looks like there are some incredible places to go.

Last edited by Jeephrog; 06-11-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Phew!

This week; Tuffy center console and Magnaflow exhaust kit from CoolTech.

Next is the amp., pre-amp., and CB...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Thumbs up

$15.00 mirror from Autozone! SCORE!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

I see you put the windshield down.. how much trouble was that? and can you show pic a little further away?? thanks.. Cool mirror..
Old 06-14-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Default Sure!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Default Some trouble

Yeah, it was somewhat of a pain... Took maybe 45min. tops to take the top and doors off too. I think the main pain has to be that there is no male velcro to seal up the padding when you remove the bars. Also moving the widshield down requires five different size sockets and torx. Other than that.... I'd do it again. But not often.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
Yeah, it was somewhat of a pain... Took maybe 45min. tops to take the top and doors off too. I think the main pain has to be that there is no male velcro to seal up the padding when you remove the bars. Also moving the widshield down requires five different size sockets and torx. Other than that.... I'd do it again. But not often.
Ha.. ! Yes.. thanks.. I also see where you had to take off the part of the roll bar that goes forward to the windshield too.. (2-right &left)

I doubt if I ever will be doing that.. Wanted a look though .. Thanks.. !!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Headlights and turn signals...

Mike (my handy father-in-law) and I installed the Cibies and modified the fender lights to work as turn signals. As usual, it took about 2x longer than we thought. Thankfully we had some space to work in, not like last week when we installed the Tuffy center console. :-)

I'll do a write-up on the install -- we did a pretty sweet wiring job for the city lights, splicing into wires from both the fender and running lights.

js.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?