Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deadspot
We almost need a "mini-mod" section ... over the last week: mounted CB antenna / ran coax, strapped fire extinguisher down by the front driver seat, and purchased a folding saw to throw in the back for the trail (came across a downed tree on my last outing). Oh, and I added about 20 more things to my list of mods I have convinced myself I need...
I would like to see how you mounted the fire extinguisher by the ft. seat.. Have a pic?? thanks..
Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

bOLsAK=3 ,

Would you please post more info and some closeup pictures of your mirror mod. I did one, but your's looks better.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put on my SpiderTrax 1.5" spacers--time to re-torque em. (It's been 65 miles and my wheels haven't fallen off, whew.)

...next is the 2.5" BB.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

captsam54 - regarding the fire extinguisher - I did a lazy job of mounting it because I wasn't sure if I would like it by the seat. My camera wasn't available so I did a 2 min photochop job from some pics on the gallery... to see how it worked I just took a toggle bolt through the plastic fire extinguisher bracket and through the existing hole in the seat frame. I could have used any bolt - I just happen to grab a toggle bolt because it worked enough to tighten. Then I just took a nylon tie around the seat frame and around the top part of the plastic bracket - I did that just because I didn't want to drill until I thought it would work ok there. The fire extinguisher kind of stayed in place running under the edge of the seat cushion. I thought about putting it under the seat more but I knew it wouldn't be quick to access. I thought about the roll bar but it was either in the way of the top or possibly a hazard with the kids in the back. I think I might drill a second hole along that bottom metal seat frame and securely mount two small bolts. So far it seems to work there. Not sure if this pathetic picture will help - it fits nicer then I pasted it in... I will take a real pic this weekend.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Today i put in the jet chip stage 1 and also instaled the KC winsheld mounts no lights yet Oh yeah and the brutt force cold air intake and man it gives the jeep a bad ass sound love it.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

I put on a Skyjacker steering stabilizer today to go along with the 3.5" lift.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 AM
JK Junkie

I put on a relocated Magnaflow muffler and custom tailpipe equivenlent to Cooltech's kit (but the set up only cost me $100, the cost of the muffler). I provided the muffler, Exhaust shop made the tailpipe and welded it and the muffler in.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-22-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

took my doors off lastnight and retro fitted a mirror to fit using some of the screws for the windshield on the driver side... drove to work with no doors this morning, its addicting
Old 06-22-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deadspot
captsam54 - regarding the fire extinguisher - I did a lazy job of mounting it because I wasn't sure if I would like it by the seat. My camera wasn't available so I did a 2 min photochop job from some pics on the gallery... to see how it worked I just took a toggle bolt through the plastic fire extinguisher bracket and through the existing hole in the seat frame. I could have used any bolt - I just happen to grab a toggle bolt because it worked enough to tighten. Then I just took a nylon tie around the seat frame and around the top part of the plastic bracket - I did that just because I didn't want to drill until I thought it would work ok there. The fire extinguisher kind of stayed in place running under the edge of the seat cushion. I thought about putting it under the seat more but I knew it wouldn't be quick to access. I thought about the roll bar but it was either in the way of the top or possibly a hazard with the kids in the back. I think I might drill a second hole along that bottom metal seat frame and securely mount two small bolts. So far it seems to work there. Not sure if this pathetic picture will help - it fits nicer then I pasted it in... I will take a real pic this weekend.

Thanks for all the info.. Great Photo chopping..!!!!

Looking forward to the real pic.. Might just have to do that to mine as those fire extinguishers that hang off the roll bar BECOME MISSLES IN AN ACCIDENT...!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brade1
Today i put in the jet chip stage 1 and also instaled the KC winsheld mounts no lights yet Oh yeah and the brutt force cold air intake and man it gives the jeep a bad ass sound love it.
Cam you tell me the # of that chip??

Was it : Part #: 90002-S and what do they sell for...? thanks..

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?