JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   $40k Price Mark (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/%2440k-price-mark-219699/)

B.S. 02-25-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by deathboyardee

A base CJ-7 MSRP in 1982 was $7765.00. The CJ-7 Jamboree Edition which would have been the Rubicon or Sahara of today fully optioned came in right at $12,000.

Adjusted for for inflation over the past thirty years would put it comparable to a mid thirties priced JK (Rrubicon). Today's Jeeps are pricey to some folks but really they are priced similarly.

Christarp 02-25-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik (Post 2870171)
A CJ in 1982 had a window sticker of around $10,000.

Guess what that gets you in 2012 dollars?

A $24,000 JK Sport with few options. A 4 Door Rubicon is of course a lot more, but Jeep really hasn't raised its pricing in 30 years.

Now now, that depends where you shop!

I've seen the 2012 sports (albeit barebones and 2 door) for 19k

Reesedog 02-26-2012 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by grizzwald (Post 2868323)
Dude, you could have bought a 2 door sport, and put in Dana 60's and a long arm kit, plus coil overs, 40's, and so much more for that price. Hope your happy with it though. Don't baby it. Take it out first opportunity and treat it like a jeep should be treated. But then again, you might have a badass jeep already, so kudos too ya ! Put up some pics !

I fully intend to have it up in the black hills and Colorado this summer for a week or two. I bought it for offroad use. I do have some pictures of it in my album if you wanna check it out.
For the people bagging on it, you didn't buy it. I am happy with my $45K Jeep. It wasn't your cash, nor has anyone asked you to go buy one. I didn't buy it for the "stupid badges", if that were the case and I was some sort of goofy fanboy of MW3 I would have bought a regular Rubi and had stickers or decals made for it. I bought it knowing it came with a few things I wouldn't be able to get right off the bat due to a spouse and her opinions on spending money on aftermarket items. You also need to take into account that they are in limited numbers as well, mine is #19 of 3500 plus with the stuff being factory installed it will help if I ever do decide to sell it. I am not going to lie and say that I don't enjoy the many people who I have caught snapping pictures of it when it is parked in a parking lot or even when I am driving down the road. I have had numerous people come up and ask to see inside just because of that badge. And the boys in my cub scout pack absolutely love the fact that they get to roll in it from time to time. My two kids think it is the baddest assed thing on the planet as well. You guys who don't like the price can snub your noses at the model all you want, I am more than happy with what I got for my money. :beer:

directedby 02-26-2012 10:07 PM

i got my 2012 Unlimited Rubicon for $43,000 fully loaded - 4:10, Temp Control, Katskin Leather seats, Computer Controls, all power, dual tops, heated seats -