Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 CoD edition JK?

Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 CoD edition JK?

I searched Google, and didn't come up with anything.

Was wondering if anyone had any info with this, if there even will be a CoD edition JK for the 2013 model year. (Black Ops II)

Personally, I think they're pretty neat. The price tag, not so much.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hope they do very neat
Old 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

When I was looking for a 2012 that had options that I wanted and not a lot of other stuff there were tons of '12 COD's on dealers lots still.i could have picked one up for 39k easy at several different dealerships. I don't think they are going to produce them again since the '12's sold so well.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with Dan, but keep your eye out for the 10th anniversary rubicon, most likely going to be mw3 version with no video game reference. Possible release November
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've noticed that the majority of dealers in my area only have the COD models left for sale which tells me that they didn't sell for crap. Most are Unlimited models stickered in the $47K range and they are blowing them out at $39K-$42K just to move them. I hope for Jeeps sake that they don't make them for the 2013MY because overall they appear to be a big flop. Just think about the fact that these are basically sticker up graded Wranglers (stitching on the seats is awful/tacky IMHO, "upgraded bumpers" are garbage, and black wheels can be done with a $6 can of Plastidip) that are marketed to the younger gaming community but tell me how many 20-25 year olds are gonna be in the market for a $47K Jeep Wrangler let alone how many of those that are would even qualify for financing on a note of that size? I know that there are those that love it and I respect that, but if Jeep wants to make a special edition Wrangler with a $6-10K markup over a standard Rubicon then there should be close to that amount in actual upgrades.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TejasRubi
I've noticed that the majority of dealers in my area only have the COD models left for sale which tells me that they didn't sell for crap. Most are Unlimited models stickered in the $47K range and they are blowing them out at $39K-$42K just to move them. I hope for Jeeps sake that they don't make them for the 2013MY because overall they appear to be a big flop. Just think about the fact that these are basically sticker up graded Wranglers (stitching on the seats is awful/tacky IMHO, "upgraded bumpers" are garbage, and black wheels can be done with a $6 can of Plastidip) that are marketed to the younger gaming community but tell me how many 20-25 year olds are gonna be in the market for a $47K Jeep Wrangler let alone how many of those that are would even qualify for financing on a note of that size? I know that there are those that love it and I respect that, but if Jeep wants to make a special edition Wrangler with a $6-10K markup over a standard Rubicon then there should be close to that amount in actual upgrades.
I don't know whether the MW3's have been selling or not; but I disagree they're a "sticker upgraded wrangler"; the MW3's are all Rubicons to start with and have all the Rubicon equipment. The bumpers are AEV; I haven't seen too many people criticizing them (maybe criticizing the AEV prices!). The price for a loaded MW3 probably isn't much more than it would take to buy a new Rubi. and add the parts, and if you buy an MW3 I assume it's all under warranty.
I don't have an MW3; mines an 11' Rubi. Unl.; but I like the MW3's; (and I have no interest in any video games) for anyone that doesn't like it don't buy it; but it's still a great Jeep.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by navin r
I don't know whether the MW3's have been selling or not; but I disagree they're a "sticker upgraded wrangler"; the MW3's are all Rubicons to start with and have all the Rubicon equipment. The bumpers are AEV; I haven't seen too many people criticizing them (maybe criticizing the AEV prices!). The price for a loaded MW3 probably isn't much more than it would take to buy a new Rubi. and add the parts, and if you buy an MW3 I assume it's all under warranty.
I don't have an MW3; mines an 11' Rubi. Unl.; but I like the MW3's; (and I have no interest in any video games) for anyone that doesn't like it don't buy it; but it's still a great Jeep.
Not saying it's not a great product to those interested, but AEV bumpers or not they are over priced and not at all what most people on this board elect to put on their own Jeeps. The cheapest I have seen a COD Unlimited go for locally is $41.5K, I have seen Unlimited Rubicons go for $35K and some even less on low optioned (no Nav, soft top, manual tranny) Rubicons. As they say "different strokes for different folks," but IMHO I personally think the package is a waste of money. More power to those that own them and feel justified in their purchase, because at the end of the day that's all that matters.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I like the looks of the COD Wranglers, but the whole video game decal and badging references are just too tacky where it just can't be taken seriously. It's like you want to look at it and say, "Hey, that's a bad ass looking Jeep", but then you start to 2nd guess yourself once you see the video game references.

Good lookin Jeep....marketed badly.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

I don't like the COD/WM3 editions... Like the added options, but hate the stickers, badges, seats, etc.

I was honestly 100% ready to order a 2013 JKUR from the factory (this week), but now I'm thinking I have to wait for the SE anniversary edition :-/

Subscribed to this to see what info we all find about them... I saw someone mention November in here. I have been seeing March elsewhere... November would be so much better!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think we'll see any 2013 Rubicon special editions until Jeep announces the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary package. My uneducated guess is that we won't see an announcement until the new year - perhaps at the Chicago Auto Show in early February with a March availability.

I'm hoping the unexpected success of the Ford Raptor will inspire Jeep to reach further than a basic cosmetic and bolt-on package.

HiJak --> Any new 2012 auto unlimited CoD/MW3s left in western Canada? BC?

Quick Reply: 2013 CoD edition JK?