Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2014 diesel wrangler!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diesel in Raleigh .30 - .40 more per gallon... not sure what the benefits are with the diesel engine in a Jeep. Definitely loved the diesel in my F250 but then again I was pulling a 37' Fifth Wheel Camper. I probably would opt for gas even on a truck unless I knew I would be towing often or had another heavy camper.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were not talking v8 diesels more like 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder diesels.. think outside the box guys
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

I'm savin' up for a Hemi !!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Diesel in Raleigh .30 - .40 more per gallon... not sure what the benefits are with the diesel engine in a Jeep. Definitely loved the diesel in my F250 but then again I was pulling a 37' Fifth Wheel Camper. I probably would opt for gas even on a truck unless I knew I would be towing often or had another heavy camper.
The benefit of the 2.8L 4 cyl CRD diesel in the JK is the 30mpg highway. It's not about towing with the JK. Plus the CRD makes near 400ft/lb of torque.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Do as i say, not as i do and....
NEVER, EVER buy 1st model year ANYTHING....consider yourselves warned !
Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

We did a cost/gain comparison when we bought our last 2 pickups gas vs. diesel. We found we would have to drive our diesel pickup 250k miles before we ever made the diesel pay for itself compared to gas.

We went with gas. We pull a stock trailer loaded down and the power loss isnt bad and it was about 8 grand cheaper.

On top of that we dont have to worry about gel ups when it gets cold. I remember as a kid, anytime we went to the city and stayed in a hotel, we had to drag a extension cord with us and try to find somewhere to plug our truck in, always worried that it wasnt going to start.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

NOOOO!!! not the Diesel rumor again.

Do not drink the cool aid!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bushpilot
Do as i say, not as i do and....
NEVER, EVER buy 1st model year ANYTHING....consider yourselves warned !
Hasn't the engine been in Europe for a while?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

I would steer clear of diesel. I work on Gas Stations and always find Diesel contaminated with BIO BUG ( Microbial organism that eats the sulfur in the diesel ) that shits in the diesel to create this mossy mud goo that sticks to all it touches and cloggs the hell out of filter and is a pain in the ass to clean up. This gets transfered into vehicles and eventually you have failed fuel pumps, clogged fuel filters, and a contaminated gas tank.

There is a way to kill it. We pour chemicals in the tank to kill it but we still vacuum out the tanks and filter out all the crap... This is a very costly procedure.

Plus some states have emissions laws that require Diesel Exhaust Fluid to be injected into the exhaust to help lessen pollution. This is not readily available at most service stations now-a-days... It is a nasty urine and ammonia mix that crystalizes when it is exposed to air- another pain in the ass to clean up.

Then you've got the issue with finding diesel. Diesel isnt sold at all Gas stations- very inconvenient when you are almost out of fuel.

Just food for thought.

I do however Love love love TURBO's!!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmedic308
They have been saying that for years...every year around this time the big talk is the diesel wrangler that never comes out...ill believe it when i see it
Sad but very true.

Quick Reply: 2014 diesel wrangler!!!!!!!