Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I a mall crawler?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Buy whatever makes you happy, not to please people that will put you down for what you like. If someone doesn't like your painted top who cares! You are a fellow jeeper to me. Congrats and welcome to the forum
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mall crawlers and rock crawlers are all just Jeepers with different taste! Jeep on!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't worry too much about what other people think. If you like it, go for it. If you plan to ever take it on brushy trails, you might reconsider the color matching option, but from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like it would be an issue for you. I have a Rubicon with the regular black fenders and top. I'm glad I do, because if I had the color matched ones, they'd be scratched to heck from brushy trails. The black plastic flares are pretty forgiving, and although my top did get a little scratched, I think it would be pretty cheap to repaint with the matte black.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Its your Jeep on your dime buy the one you love an it shouldnt matter what any1 says, Especially complete strangers, now if your family members start baggin on ya... Well thats a different story.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

The fact that Jeeps look good at the mall ensures survivability of the brand. If it werent for the mall crawlers out ther jeeps would cost too much to buy. IF jeep sells a ton of them the prices stay manageable, i guess if $30K for a basic Rubi is manageable.
If anyone calls you a mall crawler, just remember name calling is the first sign of ignorance.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

ALL JEEPS had painted fenders from the 1940's thru 2006. Packages are always more desirable, and bring more $$ for resale. Anyone understand why some folks think Sahara's are less adequate, when they are the same in every way? Curious how this got started.

Now, if you don't wheel, crawl, mud, offroad, etc., that might qualify you as a "mall crawler" regardless of your ride, not that its a bad thing. I don't crawl period - malls or otherwise. I might hop an obstacle, plunge a mud puddle or creek to get where I'm going. I like cruising back roads and interesting places in the country side. I guess I'm a country cruiser!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trbizwiz
If anyone calls you a mall crawler, just remember name calling is the first sign of ignorance.
And jealousy.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Youre buying a Jeep for YOU, get what you want. Color matched driving to the mall, or all black driving over rocks; Its a Jeep and I'll still wave at you.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this really what we have come to? People tempering their excitement over their new Jeep because they are worried they won't live up to the cool kids 'round here? :sad:

Get what you want. Enjoy the hell out of it. Focus on the multitude of kind people around here who will answer every question with patience and enjoy your enthusiasm. And most importantly, ignore the jerks who talk smack, live in their mom's basement and pretend to wheel.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jhol111964
ALL JEEPS had painted fenders from the 1940's thru 2006. Packages are always more desirable, and bring more $$ for resale. Anyone understand why some folks think Sahara's are less adequate, when they are the same in every way? Curious how this got started.

Now, if you don't wheel, crawl, mud, offroad, etc., that might qualify you as a "mall crawler" regardless of your ride, not that its a bad thing. I don't crawl period - malls or otherwise. I might hop an obstacle, plunge a mud puddle or creek to get where I'm going. I like cruising back roads and interesting places in the country side. I guess I'm a country cruiser!

Well, you've been a little busy lately battling "181" over the Pentastar Acceleration Numbers. Perhaps you missed all the excitement of the Sahara's = Mall Crawler thread?

Quick Reply: Am I a mall crawler?