Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump...I love this thread
Old 06-13-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zero2krazy
Though its not a part but a mod, I did mesh grill insert using material i bought from home depot. I spray painted it black to match my jeep, but after about a week I could see spots I missed, no matter how hard I tried every day I would see another spot that needed touched up, and spots from rocks hitting it on the highway were popping up constantly. Just today I took it out and put the Mr.Grille Chrome inserts in. If you do decide do that, the directions were terrible, but I personally love how it looks.

Should have went with expanded aluminum!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default only regret

euro mirror mod....well the other night i was putting the jeep back together and moved the mirror out of the way(at 4am its a little dark) couldn't see the hinge holes...anyways it broke....no big deal, gotta a spare on the passenger side. next morning i moved it over to the drivers side...and the housing snapped in two when i was tightening the bolts....RR mirror brackets on order should be here on Tuesday....
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update --> nothin' yet. And didn't realize I had already responded to this... too much spare time.

Originally Posted by crossbones
Mr.Grille Black Grill inserts, had problems with the finish was missing black paint, they said it was where the hooks held the grills in place while the were painted uh OK... and after I installed them had the screws rusted out in 4 days .. great quality I took them off and I feel much better now I am trying to get a refund...
Maybe they cheaped out on your set of screws. Mine have been on for a few months now (March/April) and seem fine. Got em after I had to make a split second descision driving on the highway. A baseball sized rock got kicked off a set of dualies. I couldn't swerve. I could brake and take it in the rad, or punch it and take it in the glass. My windshields' a mess.

My issue with them is that the "brackets" are merely more of the grill material broken apart with slots "hacked" into them. Other inserts out of plastic might be a better move.

But no more dents in my rad since install.

Last edited by sn4cktime; 06-23-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seat Clovers Headrests: Poor quality stiching, and even worse fit. Would expect them to fit tight since they are neoprene, but NOPE!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Same here!

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
My mopar Slush mats developed holes where my right foot rests while driving after only 6 months. Won't be buying them again. When I get some money that isn't reserved for other upgrades, I will have them Line-Xed or more likely, Premium-oned.
X2! I got them as a gift, but I'm sure they were pricey. Worn through from my heel in no time. Junk.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Daystar Dash Top Thingy

I bought that daystar dash topper thing.......I like the design, hate that it has a HUGE logo on it and it screwed up my compass!!
I've got this thing and really dig it, save the huge logo. I, too, thought the compass was all jacked up until I realized that when I put my cell phone in one of the two storage areas it was somehow reversing the compass signal. So, when going South the dash read North, etc. When I put the cell phone in the cup holder, the compass works perfectly. Go figure. Sometimes I leave the cell phone up there just to screw with my girlfriend when she's driving it.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
***erator

Originally Posted by Jasson
My JK Ulimited came with the factory hard top so I don't have the door surrounds that the soft top would have. Thus my safari top flops around and doesn't fit on the sides like I'd like.:sad: Kinda looks unfinished.

My solution...I'm going to build some sort of hard safari top, maybe incorperating a Yakima basket or something and bolt it to the cage. Gotta keep the Arizona sun off.

Anybody need a Bestop Safari top in black diamond?
I would like to give it a try. PM me with a price.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is like a train wreck, you can't look away. By the way, what about those dang wheel spacers ?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Dam---I want to know about those spacers too.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??