Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WADE wind deflector...

Looks like a great idea.... You can only use it if you DONT use a top (hard top or soft top)

I emailed to company 3 times and not one reply of any sort!

$50 dollar piece of useless lexan.....

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say the rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier. I have had it about 2 weeks now and already has rust in some areas. I acan see that coming from driving on the east coast but i am in colorado and havnt seen rust happen this fast
Old 08-20-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No regrets so far....
I disagree with some, love my duster, love my safari top(I do have the door surrounds though)
Old 08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for flaming my RockHard bumper, i should have handle my issue with RockHard themselves or Dave from Northbridge instead of posting in this thread first. Dave and Rockhard have been very understanding in this matter and have done everything to make me feel better about my purchase. Both companies. Customer service is A+ outstanding. Rockhard bumpers are built very strong and my only problem from the bumper was the powdercoating finish which was probably just a fluke and doesnt happen often. Talking with Dave its nothing against Rockhard they sub out the powdercoating. Sometimes its hard not to get pissed and point the finger when hard earned money is spend. But like i said earlier i should have handled it different and i am sorry to Dave from Northbridge and RockHard. I will be buying a front bumper from Rockhard and Dave and i am sure it will be built everything will be just fine Being how Dave's customer service was so good he will be getting my business from now on

Last edited by HarryHood1; 08-26-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wasn't super happy w/ the vibrations in my Warrior Products mirror relo brackets but they swapped them out for me w/ a newer version and now they're A1. Good people over there.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Full Traction front track bar. The bend is too small to clear my Riddler diff cover.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leros
I wasn't super happy w/ the vibrations in my Warrior Products mirror relo brackets but they swapped them out for me w/ a newer version and now they're A1. Good people over there.
curious, what change did Warrior make on the newer ones ?
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 AM
JK Newbie

great post! lotsa good info here, my only regret so far is the gorilla 8k winch, tested it right after install and it worked great, first time stuck in this red georgia mud i free spooled off the cable and hit the switch.....nothing! Its returned now for repair/replace,supposedly under warranty. will let yall know how that goes!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

i've read the posts and liked this tread, one of the best yet, thanks guys

oh, by the way, as of yet, no regrets.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rockcrusher (Solid) diff covers.....too big and bulky and didnt clear RE or FT track bars and they are a pain in the A$$ to put oil in.
Riddlers are much better covers, they're smooth with no lip to catch on rocks and the oil fill is angled up for easier filling

Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex lift kit....great kit, but less then a year later I sold it all for a loss and bought the RE 4.5" Long arm kit.
Im MUCH happier now though

I also regret not selling my stock soft top when it was new
I cant stand the stock top and which I had the ORH top or a bikini top instead.
I have the duster now and love it.

Last edited by Eracer76; 09-13-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??