Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For anybody who thinks they paid to much

Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with the guy who stated we all pay too much for everything. I'm paying almost 300 a month just for cell phone and cable tv/internet service. It kinda puts into perspective what I'm paying for my jeep.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I got the friends and family, I think 2% under invoice. Also got 0%.

Major Ho, did you order or buy from the lot? If you bought from the lot I imagine most would have to spend almost sticker, depending on the dealership.
I ordered it. I told them exactly what I wanted. I would assume Id have to pay sticker in that case because its "custom" where as if it were on the lot I would have room to wiggle and have it come down closer to invoice?
Im only 25. This was my first new car purchase, I was worried Id be grabbing my ankles
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

When I finally picked my Rubi up on Monday the sales manager at my dealer said he was offering other dealers $1500 over sticker to get one on his lot. They had been without a 4 dr rubicon for over 4 months. 4 came in at the same time as mine and were all gone by the time I picked mine up and they were not specially ordered for anyone.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I got the friends and family, I think 2% under invoice. Also got 0%.
I think FFP is 1% under invoice... but I've checked two dealers and they BOTH tell me that the FFP price is about $820 more than what I figure it should be when I take 1% off the invoice price listed on edmunds.com. What's up with that?

Now on the print out from their computer there are a few items that raise my eyebrow:

DETROIT METRO - PPA/EB-FP.....$240
DETROIT METRO - DAA..............$280

HB............................................$807

Any idea what all this means? Are these contributing to the $820 difference and are they negotiable?

-Mark
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

HB is dealer holdback. DCX gives them this allowance in order to take care of odds and ends for them - prepping the vehicle and other minor stuff.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by markderidder
Are these contributing to the $820 difference and are they negotiable?
Apparently they ARE negotiable! I just responded to my salesguy via e-mail that his price was $820 higher than I was expecting and told him the price I am looking to pay and his response was "Deal!". So that works for me!

For fun, here is what I am getting:

2007 Wrangler Unlimited X 4wd
Detonator Yellow or Rescue Green (next decision)
24s quick order package (AUTO)
side airbags
tubular side steps
infinity sound
tow package
front/rear floor mats
power convenience group

MSRP: $27,555
My Price (1% under invoice): $25,106
Out the door (tax, doc fee, transfer): $26,710.36

Now I've dealt with 5 different dealers since September '06 to get the price that I want, so I hope patience has paid off here.

Now if I can choose a damn color I'd be cool.

Thanks for listening... I'm excited to I felt like sharing.

-Mark
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm with the guy who stated we all pay too much for everything. I'm paying almost 300 a month just for cell phone and cable tv/internet service. It kinda puts into perspective what I'm paying for my jeep.
hot damn man. you might want to look into skype as a house phone + a pre-paid cell phone for random on-the-go calls! i pay $60 a year for unlimited incoming/outgoing nationwide + canada @ home with skype (includes voicemail). and $100 for 1000 minutes on my pre-paid with tmobile. that's basically $160 a year for all of my basic phone needs (i pay a few cents more for international calls). that combined with the $50 a month for my internet and you're paying more in 3 months than i'm spending the entire year

may as well make that premium internet connect work for you i say.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 22450

We paid 22,450 for ours at Pollard in Boulder. The Dealer even searched other dealers to find the Jeep Green X 4 door w/ hardtop for us, went and got it 500 miles away, they made the deal work. I wondered if I got a good buy and now I know.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LynDi
We paid 22,450 for ours at Pollard in Boulder. The Dealer even searched other dealers to find the Jeep Green X 4 door w/ hardtop for us, went and got it 500 miles away, they made the deal work. I wondered if I got a good buy and now I know.

Wow! I hope that was for a 4-door 4x4 manual X with no other options than the hard top or I'd be rather jealous! Good job dude!

Was that $22,450 out the door?

-Mark
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
cablerep79

1% under invoice, free cell phone, free cable, free broadband internet, $24/mo for Lingo VoIP with practically free long distance to all but 3rd world countries. Ah the job perks of a cable guy

Quick Reply: For anybody who thinks they paid to much