Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone know of automobile insurance that is Jeep/modified value friendly?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

No offense but that's exactly what this thread is about...

Matthew
Just trying to help out the guys who were "told by thier agent they are covered". Seems like some people might have trouble down the road if something comes up.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

I asked my agent and they had no clue...

Filled out a form at that rally company

Matthew

I'm in the insurance industry on the claims side and it's sad how many agents DON'T know what they are selling!!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

So I spoke another agent at Rally's today. They gave me a quote based of an initial valuation I provided for an Agreed Value Policy. We went back and forth for a bit on one sticking point. Standard for the industry is to provide replacement value for aftermarket parts but provide no money for labor.

After quite a bit of explanation, he agreed that it is not the same as typical in which for example they would not provide reimbursement for labor to install new wheels and tires. What I am after is to make sure the big labor items that are more custom work will be covered in the event of a total loss.

I am going to move forward with Rally's to the next step which will be to submit my request for an Agreed Value to their Underwriter's. If they agree, all is well and if not, we will bring in an independent appraiser and go from there.

FYI for anyone interested, Rally's policy will not include any coverage whatsoever at any point off roading.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Irish JK
So I spoke another agent at Rally's today. They gave me a quote based of an initial valuation I provided for an Agreed Value Policy. We went back and forth for a bit on one sticking point. Standard for the industry is to provide replacement value for aftermarket parts but provide no money for labor.

After quite a bit of explanation, he agreed that it is not the same as typical in which for example they would not provide reimbursement for labor to install new wheels and tires. What I am after is to make sure the big labor items that are more custom work will be covered in the event of a total loss.

I am going to move forward with Rally's to the next step which will be to submit my request for an Agreed Value to their Underwriter's. If they agree, all is well and if not, we will bring in an independent appraiser and go from there.

FYI for anyone interested, Rally's policy will not include any coverage whatsoever at any point off roading.
Interesting...please let those of us who are seriously interested know how it goes and if ok with them, share the contact info for the specific person your dealing with as you've educated him and it would suck to have to do that all over again

Matthew

Quick Reply: Anyone know of automobile insurance that is Jeep/modified value friendly?