Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone know what voids the warranty on a 14 JK?

Old 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what voids the warranty on a 14 JK?

Would like to know what I can do without voiding this one's warranty.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the dealer.

Find a jeep friendly (i.e. mod and offroad friendly) dealer.

And it's not like if you lift your jeep, the warranty on your radio will be void.

If you do something, and that something breaks a part, then that might not be covered.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

I have the jeep already I didn't know if there was a basic guideline for what does and doesn't.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beezler11
I have the jeep already I didn't know if there was a basic guideline for what does and doesn't.
Well I went to a dealership in jersey for a routine service. Pretty cool with the service guy. He said only thing that it wouldn't cover would be the parts you change. Like if it's a lift and the steering other then that I would be fine or anyone. Also asked him about flagging he said they don't do that. Just have to ask the service dept and be cool not an asshole.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean, find a friendly one to take it to if something breaks.

There's a good sticky about jeep flagging WOL's jeep. Not to scare you to do anything, just know some dealership service departments are better than others.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

From some of these posts it seems you void the warranty the minute you sign on the dotted line!

I agree with most everyone else. Find a mod friendly dealer. The sales manager at the dealership I go to has a lifted jeep. e said once you remove a OEM part that is the part you void. He also said if you get crazy and put 44 inch tires on a sport you might have some issues. But upgrading to a 35 or 37 in tire you should be ok. Jeep expects that..
Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WINGIT
From some of these posts it seems you void the warranty the minute you sign on the dotted line! I agree with most everyone else. Find a mod friendly dealer. The sales manager at the dealership I go to has a lifted jeep. e said once you remove a OEM part that is the part you void. He also said if you get crazy and put 44 inch tires on a sport you might have some issues. But upgrading to a 35 or 37 in tire you should be ok. Jeep expects that..
So there's no way to tell until something does break and you take it to a dealership? Or can I call someone from the warranty place that does mine? Maybe the dealership knows..
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

I feel like with all the new jeeps and with the amount of mods most people do it can't be a big deal to most people
Old 01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was worried to when I got mine and only did a small 2 inch AEV lift. But every time I got to the jeep dealer the guys make fun of me for having the smallest jeep. But they sell nearly all their jeeps with lifts and larger tires so I think they're pretty mod friendly. I even had a knocking sound when turning and it was a loose bolt from the lift and they fixed it without question. Just last month I brought it in for a regular service and they noticed the soft top leaked when they washed it. Now mind you I bought this soft top from craigslist it was an 07 that I put on my12 and they changed the warped header bar for free.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiggy79
I was worried to when I got mine and only did a small 2 inch AEV lift. But every time I got to the jeep dealer the guys make fun of me for having the smallest jeep. But they sell nearly all their jeeps with lifts and larger tires so I think they're pretty mod friendly. I even had a knocking sound when turning and it was a loose bolt from the lift and they fixed it without question. Just last month I brought it in for a regular service and they noticed the soft top leaked when they washed it. Now mind you I bought this soft top from craigslist it was an 07 that I put on my12 and they changed the warped header bar for free.
I like to think that most jeep dealerships wouldn't question it but I also wouldn't want to mod my jeep then have to search for a dealership that would take it. Not sure how hard that would be. I'm not sure if you have to take to a dealership or not.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what voids the warranty on a 14 JK?