Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Basic Advice.....

Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims and tires

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
The Tereflex Budget Boost is a nice complete kit that won't break the bank and provides 2.5" lift. It's available with new shocks or shock extensions.

17 " wheels are your best choice for price and tire selection. Discount Tire Direct is a very good source.
Thanks for the feedback. So my son has decided that he loves these rims...

[h=1]ULTRA MOTORSPORTS 203 HUNTER GLOSS BLACK WITH MILLED ACCENTS AND CLEAR COAT[/h]
What do you think? As mentioned I dont think he will ver purposely do any offroading.....can you suggest any tires to match up with these rims? THANKS
Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims

Originally Posted by resharp001
Agree with everything said above. I'd keep it at 2". Once you get up to 3+" it's going to start costing more as additional components will require attention. Keep in mind that depending on what springs you get and additional weight you may or may not have added to the jeep (bumpers, winch, etc.), you could likely achieve more lift than you think. Just because you buy a 2.5" spring doesn't mean you're going to see exactly 2.5" of actual lift.

In regards to wheels, look for something with 4.5" back spacing so you won't have to run spacers. Tons of wheels out there, but the look is all subjective. Also, many of the hybrid tires on the market are really nice these days. They offer more of an MT look without sacrificing all the AT on-road performance. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are getting a lot of love recently.

[h=1]ULTRA MOTORSPORTS 203 HUNTER GLOSS BLACK WITH MILLED ACCENTS AND CLEAR COAT[/h]
What do you think? As mentioned I dont think he will ver purposely do any offroading.....can you suggest any tires to match up with these rims? THANKS
Old 05-25-2017, 06:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigblueh20

I'm a MT tire guy myself but it seems a lot of people run AT's, and if he's not going to be doing much offroading you're probably better off going that route. That said, there are some good hybrid options on the market. The Nitto Ridge Grappler is getting a lot of positive reviews and is a nice mix of AT/MT performance with a more aggressive look than most AT's. I've seen this in person and have to admit, it looked a lot better than I thought it would. Again, he probably better off with an AT tire, but being young, he might be swayed by a more aggressive "look".

Quick Reply: Basic Advice.....