Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

best mirror kit?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N2rock
I did a google search and really can't find a definitive answer for MA. But I did see that if a vehicle is originally equipped with 2 mirrors, both mirrors must be in working condition to pass inspection. So that would be the issue your friend had.

Now does that apply to you? Probably be safe and buy 2 mirrors
Eh, when inspection comes around, just put the doors back on... Problem solved... Thanks for looking into it though!!!

Okay, i think i'm done hijacking the thread... Sorry!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
NJ law

39:3-71 Mirrors
  1. Every passenger vehicle manufactured after 1/1/65 to be equipped with interior and driver's side mirror.
However, I also found this info
In New Jersey, no tint may be applied to the front driver or passenger window of cars or S.U.V.’s. The rest of the windows can be tinted to any darkness if the car has two side mirrors.

So apparently if you have no tint, you can use one mirror. If your rear windows have tint, you must have 2 mirrors
In NJ all passenger vehicles MUST have an interior rear view mirror. ( The one attached to the windshield ). This also includes vehicles that do not have a clear view of the road behind them ( like a box truck or cube van ). All passenger vehicles MUST also have AT LEAST one side mirror. If you have tinted windows or cannot see out of your interior rear view you MUST have 2 side mirrors. If you have 2 side mirrors you can paint your rear window.

Last edited by davidwm71; 12-29-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation kit. It is the best option out there IMO because it comes with filler plates for the holes in the doors and you have both mirrors, although half the passenger's mirror is blocked. It is a sturdy kit with no vibration and I still have it on now in the winter. It looks much better than the MOPAR kit, which I used to have. Plus with the RR, you get both sides vs driver's side only for the MOPAR.

Rugged Ridge Kit:

Ugly MOPAR kit:

Last edited by armycop; 12-30-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Quick Reply: best mirror kit?