Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Trek Top - Opinions?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Trek Top - Opinions?

I have a 2010 Unlimited with a hard top only. From my research it seems the Bestop Trektop is my best bet for an easy removable soft top without having to install/buy any additional equipment. I have no soft top hardware, just the hard top. Plus I think it just looks baddass as well.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Much appreciated.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

it isn't the perfect solution but, it does look great and i personally like mine a lot. the best parts of it is that you don't need any other hardware or factory surrounds to make it work and when you take it off, it rolls or folds down nice and small or relatively so anyway. if there is one thing that i really don't like about it is the way the rear window secures to the tailgate. while it does hold nice and tight, it's difficult to open and close. the old velcro version had a tendancy to come open under windy conditions but, it was a lot easier to use. oh, if you live in an area that sees a lot of rain, the top will leak but, if you're like me and see very little rain, it's not that big of a deal.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

I will also be getting this top soon. Do the side windows come out?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TrekTop is great. Rear window is a bit of a PITA b/c you have to unhook it from the tailgate and undo two zippers to open the window. Other than that (and some wind noise), the TrekTop is excellent.

Originally Posted by JSaghi
I will also be getting this top soon. Do the side windows come out?
No. It's kind of like a baseball cap for your Jeep. Everything except the rear window is all one piece.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

I already have a soft top and half doors that leak.

My soft top sees a lot of sun, dirt, snow, and occasional rain. It won't last forever, but when it is beyond repair a trek top is going on my JK. I don't mind wind noise, or leaking as long as when I want it off it is off.

Usually just leave the top down seven months out of the year anyways
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

don't have a mall crawler but the trek top looks better on them than on my 2dr. I love it, mine does not leak and I use the velcro on the tail gate, works great and I would get another one in a heart beat. great value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Front bumper 006..jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	115356Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with hitch 1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	115357Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	115358Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	115359
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
don't have a mall crawler but the trek top looks better on them than on my 2dr. I love it, mine does not leak and I use the velcro on the tail gate, works great and I would get another one in a heart beat. great value.

Attachment 115356Attachment 115357Attachment 115358Attachment 115359
What's a mall? I live on the rocky Atlantic coastline and do my shopping, only when I have to, online!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd have to say we love this version (4th I think) the first ones each had some issues I'd call design but this version is not only leak proof but it has a nice tailgate bar and the fit is really good. The reason I mention the older versions is to caution people not to buy them used...not sure what you are going to get and like I mentioned the earlier versions suffered from some design issues which are now corrected. Best part is the top really does set your jeep apart from the others!

Quick Reply: Bestop Trek Top - Opinions?