Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Be careful of Olympic Racks

Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Be careful of Olympic Racks

I just received my Olympic rack for the back of my four door JK. It took two months to get it from Quadratec. And when it arrived.....all the parts were missing to put it together...bummer!

When I called, the lady answering the phones was not too pleasant, but when I asked to speak to a manager, that got the ball rolling. Sort of.

I asked to have the parts overnighted and they said they couldn't because it cost too much. They only make $20.00 on the racks so no go on the overnight.

It's been four days since that call.....no parts yet.

I don't know whats happening there, but beware of the customer service. Just a heads up. The parts I did get, looked good. And still looks good sitting in my garage.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a quadratec issue not olympic.... I would have said, "I don't give a fuk if you take a loss on the sale of these get my damn hardware to me overnight or provide me with a postage paid return label"
Old 06-08-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
That is a quadratec issue not olympic.... I would have said, "I don't give a fuk if you take a loss on the sale of these get my damn hardware to me overnight or provide me with a postage paid return label"
When did Quadratec start packaging Olympics stuff? Is this new
Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Quadratec this year. Last item (tube doors) had a latch problem. Told them about it. They took the old ones and sent new. Same problem. I told them it was a design flaw. Two different reps told me in a rude manner that the problem was me. I called the manufacturer (Bestop) who confirmed there is a design flaw (latches not compatabile with 2009 JK)

To me, you can charge a little more than the competition if your customer service is excellent ... Quadratec CS .. not so good
Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds alot like my dealings with quadratec. They are now a last resort for me. The sad part is they carry items from great manufacturers at decent prices, but unless it is drop shipped it is going thru their grubby uncaring hands!!! My advice to all forum sponsers is to not use quadratec as a distributor......they tarnish your good names.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont know anything about those racks, but I can say this...

everything I have ordered from Quadratech has been shipped and delivered with in 48 hours unless they specified otherwise (back ordered and they told me this before I ordered) also every time I have called to follow up on the items they have given me realistic views on when things would be comming... I had one of the guys tell me something along the lines of... I do not want to set an unrealistic goal or give you a answer that will make you happy in the short term when the truth is we are not sure when they are going to be comming in stock. We were told two weeks, but what I can do is take down your number and have someone call you when we get confrimation via shipping that they will be comming in stock... I got the call 8 days later and they shipped the item out and I received it 1 day later. I thought it was pretty cool they were honest with me... but then again I have only ordered small stuff from them... RR fuel door, quadratech mats for the front and back, and some other small stuff...

I am hoping I continue to have a good experiance with them because they ship so fast to me... but I will be wary now I guess...
Old 06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Recently there's been a lot of grumbling about Qtrac Bad cuctomer service. Hopefully they take notice and check it out otherwise it could very well bite them in the ass.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by greenamphibious

It was shipped directly from Quadratec. And I just discovered that the holes don't line up on the leveling brakets.

When I call and ask to talk to a manager, the ask who is calling and suddenly they are busy.

Last Olympic item I buy. Guarenteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Olympic Sucks. Customer service sucks, products suck and their powder coating (if they can really call it that) Sucks. I will never buy from them again.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

In my opinion, q-tec sucks! I ordered several items from them and they all were shipped on all different dates, lots of stuff backordered, and the shipping was EXPENSIVE (compared to other companies)! JMHO

Quick Reply: Be careful of Olympic Racks