Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler to Cdash: Can we borrow your 08 for 5 to 20 days?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler to Cdash: Can we borrow your 08 for 5 to 20 days?

I got a letter from Chrysler & Rousch today. They want to know if I will loan them my 08 for in service emissions testing. They would expect to have it from 5 to 20 business days, put it on a dyno, put up to about 75 miles on it and fix any emmision problems they find. I would get a "late model" fully insurres loaner, $250, a car wash and a tank of gas out of it.

Wonder what's going on? I may consider it if they gave me a jeep to wheel in, but I don't want to be a month without my jeep. Any one else get one?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an 08. That sounds odd and suggest they are looking for something out of the ordinary. Still I am not sure I would want them to Dyno my Jeep.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cdash
I got a letter from Chrysler & Rousch today. They want to know if I will loan them my 08 for in service emissions testing. They would expect to have it from 5 to 20 business days, put it on a dyno, put up to about 75 miles on it and fix any emmision problems they find. I would get a "late model" fully insurres loaner, $250, a car wash and a tank of gas out of it.

Wonder what's going on? I may consider it if they gave me a jeep to wheel in, but I don't want to be a month without my jeep. Any one else get one?
I'd do it, a free checkout and a little scratch to boot...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for it!
You could probably get all the info from them about the dyno, and if they tear it up, they'll fix it.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Might be a good chance to get to talk to the Chrysler guys and discuss all the issues us jeepers have with our jk's,,,,
Take a poll on here, and get as many good issues as you can and take the opportunity to ask the corporate guys all the questions for everybody!!!

My issue is that I would like to see engine options for the JK,,,, i.e. a hemi option, or a diesel engine option.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a sweet enough deal for me. That's chump change for how long the vehicle is gone.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say do it. However, if you do, you should get a comprehensive list of all of the BAD problems the JK has.....and I ain't talking about a damn leakin soft top, either. Like what's happenin to all these engines? What's causin all the noises in the engine?Why have there been so many JK fires from obviously over burdoned auto transmissions ans why Jeep didn't include a REAL aux trans cooler? You know, important stuff like that. Perhaps start a new thread asking people what they would like addressed. Then make it CLEAR to Chrysler that ANSWERES to all these questions will be part of your deal as well. That way, you're helpin the whole Jeep community. Oh yeah and ask um when the HELL they intend on puttin the HEMI in the JK?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

I think first of all you should not care about other peoples wants, they aren't the ones going to be without their jeep for a month.

Do you have a car payment? If you do, counter that against the $250 they are giving you, your car payment is basically what your paying to drive your vehicle for that month. I'd want them to make the payment plus extra to borrow it.

Plus, why is Jeep asking to borrow your vehicle? Don't they have one?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

250 is not enought i agree with have them match your car payment, plus milage plus wear and tear, milk'em what do u have to lose
Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think I would do it for $250. Seems really odd to me as well that they would not just use one of their Wrangler demo models for testing.

Sure it is a legit deal?

Quick Reply: Chrysler to Cdash: Can we borrow your 08 for 5 to 20 days?