Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer raped me

Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer raped me

called to get a re-allignment after my new 4" lift.. they said 39.99.. i can handle that.. (college student budget) drop it off and leave it over night.. go to pick it up today and i said how much will that be.. he said.. 70 bucks.. .. i said what happened to 39.99 and he told me that it took 3.5 hours to do the allignment.. and that he had to put a come-along on my axle to set my caster because he couldnt get the caster set right..i didnt buy new control arms with my ift (college budet once again lol) but my gosh.. the most he could move the dang thing MIGHT be 1/4" MAYBE.. anyone else have this trouble?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
called to get a re-allignment after my new 4" lift.. they said 39.99.. i can handle that.. (college student budget) drop it off and leave it over night.. go to pick it up today and i said how much will that be.. he said.. 70 bucks.. .. i said what happened to 39.99 and he told me that it took 3.5 hours to do the allignment.. and that he had to put a come-along on my axle to set my caster because he couldnt get the caster set right..i didnt buy new control arms with my ift (college budet once again lol) but my gosh.. the most he could move the dang thing MIGHT be 1/4" MAYBE.. anyone else have this trouble?
Caster on a Jeep with stock arms (as you eluded to) is NOT adjustable. If they put a come along on something, that means they were bending it. The only thing that is adjustable from the factory is the toe. I would go back and demand that they pay for an independant body shop to measure the alignment and see what the hell they bent. Damn morons.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Redneck.

A come-along??? How about an engine hoist or a jack hammer?

Start by talking to the shop manager and demand an explanation as to how they used the come-along and then get the independent evaluation.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF ....are they for real? You don't have even cam bolts? If that's the case....I'd be getting an entire new front end from them because they screwed something hardcore
Old 02-26-2010, 01:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rozzman10

uh oh
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM
JK Freak

Demand a full refund for the BS they fed you! Dishonesty is starting to run amok!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Holy shit someones about to deliver a smack down
Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
WTF ....are they for real? You don't have even cam bolts? ...
I'm just guessing here, but I'll bet the person he talked to was clueless as to what was done (duh). It won't surprise me to learn that they did, indeed, install cam bolts and that's why they are charging more (the original quote assumed cam bolts were already present). If that's the case, Rozzman10, you might be hosed since you likely signed a release to have "necessary" work performed, and the shop can claim that the cam bolts were necessary to do the alignment you requested. Cam bolts are a bad thing for a Jeep that is wheeled, and the only way to "remove" them involves welding up the damage they've done.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Regardless of the process, cam bolts or come-along, (OMG I just had to type that.) They effectively damaged your Jeep.

There is always the posibility that they did nither and just raped you which in your shoes I'd prefer.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikbass
There is always the posibility that they did nither and just raped you which in your shoes I'd prefer.
my money's on this one.

Quick Reply: Dealer raped me