Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer raped me

Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok...now I know that you installed cam bolts at least...so there IS the potential to adjust caster. I thought you had nothing but stock control arms unmodified on your Jeep and the shop was trying some weird stuff.
I agree it's a PITA to adjust caster....but you dont need a come along...most of us have all adjusted our caster on our garage floors or in our driveway using steering knuckle manipulation with a floor jack or ratchet straps....I suppose if they thought it best to use a come along and it worked then no harm done....I just didn't see in your original post that cam bolts were installed
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
Ok...now I know that you installed cam bolts at least...so there IS the potential to adjust caster. I thought you had nothing but stock control arms unmodified on your Jeep and the shop was trying some weird stuff.
I agree it's a PITA to adjust caster....but you dont need a come along...most of us have all adjusted our caster on our garage floors or in our driveway using steering knuckle manipulation with a floor jack or ratchet straps....I suppose if they thought it best to use a come along and it worked then no harm done....I just didn't see in your original post that cam bolts were installed
ya i put them in with the lift.. i suppose those should suffice until i get enough cash for new control arms..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikbass
Regardless of the process, cam bolts or come-along, (OMG I just had to type that.) They effectively damaged your Jeep.

There is always the posibility that they did nither and just raped you which in your shoes I'd prefer.
I don't know, rape or bad alignment

Quick Reply: Dealer raped me