Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership Inventory

Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spinlock
Jeep.com is still your best tool. It will find vehicles that match exactly and that are close.

If you go too far (beyond 200 mile radius) shipping cost becomes an issue unless you are willing to drive there.

Why don't you have one of your local dealers do the legwork for you?
My local dealer would only search nearby states for the Jeep Wrangler with the options that I wanted (2 door, manual transmission, half doors).

To find my Jeep, I used Jeep.com to look at all the vehicles in a 500 mile radius. I just looked up major cities in a 300 mile radius and did a city by city 200 mile radius search.

I found a great dealer (two states away, 420 miles), negotiated a better price, and they arranged reasonable shipping (on trailer for $320). This saved me 14 hours of driving to pick up.

The only downside, a friend told me that it would be more difficult to make a lemon law claim since the point of sale was outside my state. Hopefully it will never come to this.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autotrader can get pretty specific and a lot of dealers put their inventory online now anyways.

Quick Reply: Dealership Inventory