JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/did-jk-kill-jeep-wave-4579/)

husky21 06-28-2010 12:08 PM

Here is what I have noticed, I have a 1977 CJ-7 and I get the wave from every Jeep, When I drive my 4 door JK I get 50/50 it is interesting. I haven't a clue as to what the deal is!

Kedge 07-07-2010 02:04 PM

Jeep Wave - JK

The only ones that wave at me are the 4 wheelers - Jeep or Not - you know the guys. Well I do have the Teraflex lift and 35"s along with some other mods. One thing for sure, I can't put gas without someone telling me "Nice Jeep". Yep it is still a Jeep Thing. Kedge

arasco85 07-07-2010 02:12 PM

i have a 2010 unlimited on 33's. i wave at every jeep and seems like i only get the wave from modded jk's or older models.

Vladivar 07-07-2010 05:08 PM

Newbie wave

Only had my 2010 JK for 5 weeks and I wave at all other Wranglers. Getting about 80% return waves so far.

kbak67 07-07-2010 06:17 PM

just got my 2010 JK, and I've waved my hind off and not received one in return...
I live in Arlington Texas, so maybe having to do with it. when I was in Wichita Falls (100k people) I got them all the time in my 2007 and 2006

got a dirty look from an old beat up YJ when I waved....
a shrug from a soccer mom in a JK Sahara, but she was on the phone...I waved first
2 other JKs acted like they didn't see me (and maybe they didn't )

oh well...

Merlin4979 07-07-2010 07:08 PM

It's not dead yet

I've received a few waves from people in CJ's, TJ's, YJ's and JK's, and I just tested it out again on my way home from work today. Got the wave in return! So its not lost for all!

Keep waving!

BlackoutJK 07-07-2010 07:37 PM

Same as before

I get an equal amount of waves as I did in my TJ. Sometimes folks wave, sometimes they don't. I don't think the JK is somehow being left out. Sometimes people don't see the wave, or they aren't paying attention, or they never waved in the first place. Doesn't really matter. It won't die EVER!:thumbsup:

Rhonda 07-07-2010 07:59 PM

I got my Jeep this past November and the first few weeks I noticed that it seemed like everyone was waving at me...from J/K's (both 2 and 4 door) and also other Jeeps like Liberty and Compass. I always wave back. Here lately, I've noticed a drop in the number of people waving and the weather is nicer now too. Even when I initiate a wave, I'm lucky if 2 out of 10 people wave back. What gives?? :dontknow2:
Also, since I've gotten my Jeep, I've noticed a larger volume of Jeeps sharing the roadway with me. It seems like everywhere I go there's a Jeep. Were there always this many Jeeps out there or is it a new Jeep owner thing that you now notice them more?? Anyone else experience this? Either way, the more Jeeps, the better! :)

beep4jeep 07-08-2010 05:40 AM

I've only had about 2 or 3 waves reciprocated while driving the JK. When I'm in my work car, I still wave at Jeeps, but none are returned.

drumnatural 07-08-2010 05:47 AM

I only wave first if their jeep is better then mine