Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPIPED_JK
hey boys it's me again. I have been reading all of your guises comments and everything and all of you guys are making me all sad now. Haha anyways The jeep is not for sale anymore i'm going to stick with our brotherhood instead. I had a guy call me today saying he would give me the 20,000$ or trade me his 2014 Silverado 6.2 L. The truth I am pretty damn in love with my jeep still, and I turn the deal down! So looks like I won't be selling my jeep anymore. Thanks to all of you Who were trying to encourage me and trying to keep it. Thanks guys!!
Great decision! KEEP WAVING!!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjajimmy
I wave to all wranglers and lifted Cherokees
That's funny. I've had a few lifted Cherokees wave at me. I always wave back.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

The jku killed the wave. Suddenly all the wannabes were able to buy one to replace the family minivan. And the soccer mom's couldn't care less about waving or even waving back at jeepers. After owning 2 yjs and a tj at one point in my life, I will be the first to admit that the 4 door is a million time more comfortable and useful than a 2 doors. But those exact reasons explain why they are now driven by non caring individuals who like the looks and statement that a jeep provides, but never had any intentions to abide by the jeep brotherhood. Most times, they will rent the jeep for 2-3 years and move- on to something else.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
The jku killed the wave. Suddenly all the wannabes were able to buy one to replace the family minivan. And the soccer mom's couldn't care less about waving or even waving back at jeepers. After owning 2 yjs and a tj at one point in my life, I will be the first to admit that the 4 door is a million time more comfortable and useful than a 2 doors. But those exact reasons explain why they are now driven by non caring individuals who like the looks and statement that a jeep provides, but never had any intentions to abide by the jeep brotherhood. Most times, they will rent the jeep for 2-3 years and move- on to something else.
So true..couldn't have said it better.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:40 AM
JK Newbie

Old 10-13-2015, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Exactly what I've been trying to say. (Without insulting the rest of the jku owners.)
Old 10-13-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

That, sadly, is only half the story. The other half is two door owners who refuse to return wave to a four door. I ignore their rudeness, and continue to wave my fool head off--even them when I know in advance they won't wave. I get about a 50% return..
Old 10-13-2015, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Never been the soccer mom type. We wanted our kids to experience the jeep lifestyle. They both love the trails and have had a blast seeing everyone wave. Most girls circle jewelry in flyers as hints for Christmas, I circle mods for the jeep!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

[i mean I always go up to camp Pendleton California (USMC BASE) and every one I see with a jeep no matter what year or how old it is, they always seem to wave. I love that!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPIPED_JK
[i mean I always go up to camp Pendleton California (USMC BASE) and every one I see with a jeep no matter what year or how old it is, they always seem to wave. I love that!
Ya, get that to. But soon as I get off base its 50/50

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?