Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerinflorida
You will get many waves and even more looks as you roll into town after spending the afternoon at your favorite mud hole. People will watch you, smiling or waving only when you make eye contact, not wanting to be on your bad side. It's like a modern day outlaw riding into town. Fear strikes their heart. They feel quite vulnerable sitting next to you at a light, drinking their starbucks latte. They quickly pick up a cell phone or fiddle with the radio. They know your not like them.
On the other hand, anyone who has ever left the pavement, wants to be your friend, wants you to acknowledge them, because they know you have the balls to not only own a jeep, but use it.
Which begs the question that came to my mind for far too many of the JKs in the "for sale" section: Isn't advertising "Rubicon, never been off road" pretty much the same thing as "penis, never been in a woman" (?)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ThirdCoastJeep
Here on the lakeshore, I get waves about 9 out of 10 times. Out of about 20 waves today, 2-3 "no waves" were TJs.

I'll keep wavin' to the Jeep brotherhood. I kinda like it.
The wife and I are talking about where to go over shutdown.
I'm thinking Silver Lake. How are the trails and camping areas? (We really liked Hoffmaster back when she had an Expedition, but I'm thinking the Jeep needs some fun this time around.)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I do a lot of driving from the east to the central (north and south) part of the US and get a lot of waves daily from other Wrangler owners but, I also make sure to do my part to instigate it as well. One of the many reasons I bought a Jeep in first place was the natural camaraderie that Jeep owners have.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While driving cross-country for summer vacation from NM to CT i missed the best Jeep wave ever and ill never forgive myself

About halfway through the trip, somewhere in the middle of the country, i heard honking, and by the time i realized It was a guy in a JK on the other side of the highway waving he was already passing and i missed it!

If it was anyone on the forum, u kick a$$

I now wave at Jeeps at the other side of the highway Havent got anyback yet but hopefully someday
Old 06-17-2008, 01:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two days ago I got my first wave since I swapped my TJ for a JK. It was from a guy driving a nicely lifted and trail-ready CJ.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:50 AM
JK Newbie

Yesterday received 2 for 2 waves, even before I could get my hand up. I ride with top on and windows up, all highway home each day so the A/C is a necessity for me, but received 1 from a guy and 1 from a gal. Not often that two gals wave at each other, but glad to see it's catching on.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tylerinflorida
It's like a modern day outlaw riding into town. Fear strikes their heart. They feel quite vulnerable sitting next to you at a light, drinking their starbucks latte. They quickly pick up a cell phone or fiddle with the radio. They know your not like them.
hilarious
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

i always get waves!! i think its a southern jeep thing....haha always waving!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok here in Northern NJ I would say I only get wave backs about 30% of the time, pretty sad....in the last cpl weeks with the doors off I've gotten a wave/horn beep and "damn badass" from a guy in a easlry 80's lifted bronco, and a wave and head spin from a guy in lifted older ford pickup

Even on my trip to Nashville and back 2500mi inclduing some driving around down there I would say only 50% of time I got wave back

I wave all the time even at night haha
Old 06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phatback
i always get waves!! i think its a southern jeep thing....haha always waving!
yeh, i'm sure that's it. i think i've seen your pic on another thread - i suspect even hummer owners wave at you

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?