Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got two today. One from a Yellow TJ and one from a Red Rock JK! They both waived first too!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one today from a white YJ. He was about 8 cars back at an intersection and returned my wave with the peace sign salute and a train horn Should of seen the walkers jump.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got one from an on coming TJ today...sorry to say it was 630am and i was playing with my radio that i didnt notice right away from being half asleep. but i make sure to wave at all the ones i see on my way to work making sure its that person in the TJ to show no hard feelings
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Had an interesting Wave Encounter yesterday. To set the scene:

Busy Intersection, 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- Me (21), in the left-turn lane, in my Red Rock JK.
- Guy (late-50s), in the lane on my right, in a Red w/ Khaki softop CJ.
- Woman (mid-40s), across from me, in a Red TJ.
- Guy (mid-20s), crossing the intersection, in a Red and chromed-up YJ.

No joke. It was the weirdest thing. The CJ, TJ and I had already exchanged Waves when we pulled up to the light - which was already funny - and then we all Waved at the YJ when he passed through. He looked like he was about to try Waving at all of us, but just went for a long honk instead. Probably safer. :P

Moral of the story? Sometimes you can go days, maybe even weeks, and not get a return Wave. But then there are days, when you get three within 10 seconds and all four of you are laughing about it, that just go to show that the Jeep Wave is still alive.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spacemonkeymafia
Had an interesting Wave Encounter yesterday. To set the scene:

Busy Intersection, 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- Me (21), in the left-turn lane, in my Red Rock JK.
- Guy (late-50s), in the lane on my right, in a Red w/ Khaki softop CJ.
- Woman (mid-40s), across from me, in a Red TJ.
- Guy (mid-20s), crossing the intersection, in a Red and chromed-up YJ.

No joke. It was the weirdest thing. The CJ, TJ and I had already exchanged Waves when we pulled up to the light - which was already funny - and then we all Waved at the YJ when he passed through. He looked like he was about to try Waving at all of us, but just went for a long honk instead. Probably safer. :P

Moral of the story? Sometimes you can go days, maybe even weeks, and not get a return Wave. But then there are days, when you get three within 10 seconds and all four of you are laughing about it, that just go to show that the Jeep Wave is still alive.
Too Cool.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont think that the JK necesserally killed the jeep wave.

I see TJ's and CJ's that never wave baclk also, and they always seem to be the "soccermom" type or the casual middle age drivers.

I think what has helped kill the Jeep wave is the SUV craze. Everyone seems to think they need an SUV, and since the Jeep is the original SUV (actually OHV)you get people getting them that are not jeepers, just people wanting an SUV, and getting a jeep. Just my opinion.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

When we had our TJ it was about the same. 50/50 chance they would wave
back but I wave anyway.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Simply put.................No!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep Aloha

Plenty of Waves in the Aloha State. I must admit, I initiate most of them, but considering I was caked in mud with the front bumper dented and still had 30 day tags on my jeep, I tended to stand out. Now my jeep is getting ready for a 10 day Pacific trip to San Diego, so if you see us in a steel blue JK with warn winch on the front, hard top and a honu on the back, east bound in the southwest, count on a wave from my wife and I. Our cross country adventure begins on October 17th....Waving all the way.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:22 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Good luck and God speed Monkey! Thats about the time I should arriving in SC from Iraq! Shortly thereafter I begin my first trip in my new Jeep from SC to MD.

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?