Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...

Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
probably not. Dont care.
Go grab some Midol and stop posting on this thread then
Old 08-13-2016, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get spacers just for the sake of moving OEM wheels out, chrome (or plastic chrome tape on covers) parts, stickers, black rims, fake bead locks, 50" light bars, leveling kits that make the back lower than the front, exhaust system changes simply for sound, angry eyes grills, rain guards on doors, dash sticker kits (carbon fiber/wood grain etc), painted vent rings & things - actually I don't get a lot of things people spend money on and do to their Jeeps but I sure don't tell the owner how I feel, stress over them or care, though I do get a laugh every now and then when they are done badly.

I sure don't want anyone saying how stupid they think my tin foil wrapped hard top looks (I think it is beautiful by the way ) because it serves a purpose. It keeps the Aliens and the NSA both from reading my thoughts. My dealer (and Big Oil) have convinced me it works and that I will get better MPG, so any mod that does what I want.....
Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
I really wish I could just come on here and read about jeeps and talk about jeeps without having to trudge through a bunch of crap about angry eyes and blacked out trying to be scary jeeps.

Anyone need torque specs or a tutorial on adjusting the drag link? Enough of this stupid mod bullshit.
You don't have to trudge through a bunch of crap. Let me help you out as you seem to be struggling with an eminently simple concept. As an example, if a thread title says something like:

"Angry Eyes Grill Mod Install"

ignore it. Don't click on it, don't read it, don't contribute to it and don't pass "Go" or collect $200.

Now.. conversely.. if a thread title read something like:

"Anyone need torque specs or a tutorial on adjusting the drag link?"

then you'll know it's one for you as, by the sound of it, your jeans will start tightening and you'll begin salivating rather than spitting feathers. Click the hell out of that link!!! Read it, enjoy it, get all worked up about it and then contribute all the really positive and engaging thoughts that are now thundering around your mechanical little head!

See? Simples!!

Old 08-13-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

The last three posts in this thread are epic all together.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sa29560
The last three posts in this thread are epic all together.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get the "Yeti" stickers. They seem to be popping up all over too. Back in the day, no one ever put Igloo stickers on their jeeps.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Hey all, just curious of others opinions. Seems like all of a sudden up here on the NH Seacoast every JK around has installed a wild boar or similar angry eye grill. Even the local dealerships are putting them on their modded rigs for sale. To me, it looks goofy and trying too hard to look tough. Also the front and grill of a Jeep is the most iconic part, why would you want to make it look totally different?
I agree 110%. I don't get it at all. Goofy is the perfect term for it too.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mr72
To me it's sort of like, "I don't understand the <insert popular mod> craze", and it pretty much doesn't matter what the mod is. What makes the "angry eyes" a bridge too far? You're ok with a thousand other mods, but not THIS one?

These days it seems almost radical for me to be driving a stock (looking) JKU.

FWIW I am not defending angry eyes or any other mod. But at least angry eyes don't have a significant detrimental effect on performance ... at least not during the day time. I suppose it's possible they reduce lighting performance, IDK.
They could cause even worse has mileage with the extra wind drag. I am very opposed to modifying the Jeep grill, it's kind of sacred to me I guess.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Alvie
I don't get the "Yeti" stickers. They seem to be popping up all over too. Back in the day, no one ever put Igloo stickers on their jeeps.
I agree. They must view it as a status symbol. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for them when I see that.

As for grille mods, whatever makes you happy. Jeeps are for fun, so knock yourself out!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Go grab some Midol and stop posting on this thread then
i don't need any midol at the moment but thanks for offering. Buddy.

Quick Reply: Don't get the Wild Boar/angry eye grill craze...