Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

End of Days - How Would You Modify Your JK (play along)

Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll stay right where I am if I survive the blast. There's already a whole bunch of like-minded people right in my own backyard. If there is going to be all of this Mad Max / Book of Eli crap going on, I'm better off hiding out someplace where I know the lay of the land. On top of that, I saw one response that was talking about how he would trade you a gallon of gas for something and your jeep would be a whole lot lighter and whatnot. Most true survivalists wouldn't advertise to you that they were about to show up, so someone is just as likely to get the drop on you as you are to them, even if you fancy yourself Chuck Norris.

Anybody with a kind heart isn't going to make it, and I'm taking their cool jeep and all of their cool toys if I get the opportunity.

I think the majority of folks who survive, really survive, will be the ones who spent a significant amount of time in the military doing more than one type of job. Even the most crack shot civvie wouldn't make it too far in a fight against the former military types that spent 10+ years living and breathing a fight. Those types are the most likely to band together and are ruthless. I just hope that they want me for my skill set, otherwise I'll spend the rest of doomsday having to watch my own neck and run fast.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
my jeep is fine as is just need some room for a few days worth of food and all my guns and ammo. im ready to roll and maybe a mounted 50 cal on the roof or an m60
no no, u need a mark 19, its an automatic grenade launcher, we used them in afghan, they work very nicely
Old 04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

My wife and I have discussed this at length... We wont be needing any of the off-road capabilities my Jeep boasts... Just enought room/time to get us plus all out chit down to the harbor. There's a 28 foot Islander sailboat sitting right there waiting to go. She's got a water maker(de-salination), Freeze dried food, a 70's model diesel propulsion engine/generator, and a fridge/freezer. Low enough to the water as to make almost no radar signature, and fast enough under sail to get us away and out of country in no time... And I know there will be others who will have the same ideas, some with a bit of piracy on their minds, all I'll say is they better be a better shot than us at a 1000 yds.... So yall have fun fighting zombies, rogue ex military dropouts, and general crazies around every corner. We'll be sailing and waiting for the dust to settle.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of good ideasalready mentioned. Instead carrying an ar15 id opt for a simple .22cal you can carry lots more ammo anf if used right is just as deadly. As far as jeep I read about a mil spec j8 that was bullet proof. Dtart with that and add lots of ammo, gas can, water, tools, oil, food, and recovery equip. Runflat tires around 33-35" and full rollcage.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

well i would like to win the teraflex 60 with my new 79 ford kingpin 60 and coilovers. a nice set of 40s would work but i think im going 37s for right now and maybe a new dent doctor i can always find things that need to be done
Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GULF COAST PIRATE
My wife and I have discussed this at length... We wont be needing any of the off-road capabilities my Jeep boasts... Just enought room/time to get us plus all out chit down to the harbor. There's a 28 foot Islander sailboat sitting right there waiting to go. She's got a water maker(de-salination), Freeze dried food, a 70's model diesel propulsion engine/generator, and a fridge/freezer. Low enough to the water as to make almost no radar signature, and fast enough under sail to get us away and out of country in no time... And I know there will be others who will have the same ideas, some with a bit of piracy on their minds, all I'll say is they better be a better shot than us at a 1000 yds.... So yall have fun fighting zombies, rogue ex military dropouts, and general crazies around every corner. We'll be sailing and waiting for the dust to settle.
Can I have your Jeep?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

This is an awesome thread..... gotta keep it alive! I am with the guy from Ft. Bragg. The more shit you need to carry to survive, the worse off you are. Take the jeep as far as it can go, away from a mass population and move by foot everywhere else. Being a grunt you learn what is really important, and what is just extra weight. That, and you get programmed to accept a good amount of "suck" before losing your mind. I am all about making my Jeep more capable, but honestly, to survive you will need a strong resolve and a strong body. Your odd's increase drastically when you can learn and defend an area abundant with resources. That might just be your own backyard. I do agree with the suggestion on the 22lr firearm. One can carry thousands of rounds... with a reliable AR platform, that requires nothing but a clean and a lube to maintain, you're looking good if you learn the ballistic pros and cons. Also, very high on the list is two sets of well broke in and reliable boots, and at least 5 pairs of microbial resistant socks; This cannot be understated. A broad spectrum water purifier, that lasts for many hundreds of refills and a woobie <---- Only a few of you might get this, as it is a purely military reference.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just read every page, I love this thread!

Jk would have to be unlimited, and I would want one for my boyfriend and myself, and one for my parents. Probably D60's, 35' Goodyear Duratracs, custom roll cage, Bushwacker flat flares, 3 inch lift, ARB front bumper with stinger, lockers and a trailer.

Now I wouldnt really have my mind set on getting to a "Safe zone" because odds are, you are never going to make it there. I would be heading towards the mountains in some seriously remote places. Im not too far from the mountains so hopefully I would make it.

Obviously I would want lots of gas, water, an axe, tools, seriously beefed up first aid kit (thank you nursing school), and nonperishable foods along with personal gear like good boots and thermals. As for protection, a couple semi-auto 12 gauge shotguns, rifles with good long range scopes, and hunting knives would do me just fine since my plan is to get as far away from everyone as possible.

I would basically just hold up in the mountains and start building my new home primitive-like style. No one mentioned any silent weapons like compound bows?? My family would have one for each of us (thank god we all hunt) and tools to make more arrows should we need them. This would be my primary hunting tool, because I dont want to make anymore noise than I have to (I would hate to draw someone my direction with the noise of a gun). I would say a fishing pole, but honestly, I would just make one when I got where I was going.

The one sure thing is that even if we got stuck at home and couldnt get where we wanted, my family would not starve. My dad has really taught me how to survive in the outdoors. We would die of radiation poisoning before we starved lol.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have guns and lots of ammo. And unlike most people who think they can use a gun, I can. So I will just take what I need and get were I need to go! See ya there
Old 04-30-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there are lots of things I WOULD put in the JK for the Apocalypse, but as far as what I have now..

Med kit
Shovel/Axe
Beefy steering/suspension (could be better)
Lots of lighting
Jerry can
Gas mask
Maglight
KA-BAR
Strong front bumper with hoop
CB
Beefy rock rails
MOLLE storage seat covers
MOLLE storage on the tailgate
Tools

Quick Reply: End of Days - How Would You Modify Your JK (play along)