Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

End of Days - How Would You Modify Your JK (play along)

Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
nothin... got 33's mild lift... i would just ditch the doors and top, put on the radiation suit... grab the AK and 10-12 30 round mags, my sig 226 and then loot and pillage (since everyone is driving to montana... my neighbor wont miss his ferarri and boat)... eat mre's and become the next ruler of Woodstock, GA... err... well I guess I would be the first Ruler of Woodstock, GA.
Hey I'm from GA too!!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fuel, Food, and water

Since everybody else has covered the weapons category so well, here are a few items I haven't read about in the 6 pages of thread I read so far:
Long Ranger JKL Heavy Duty aux fuel tank - http://www.thelongranger.com.au/
Gen Right rear aux fuel tank - http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ctid=GST8002-2
That should give you over 70 gallons capacity and 1000 mile range. You definitely want fuel between the frame rails, not outside or inside the vehicle (fumes, theft, visibility).

Emergency Essentials - http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_...0Food%20Supply
That should provide a 4 person meal ticket for one week. I know EE can be a little slow to deliver so be patient, and order early. 3 of these can fit in an Unlimited when properly packed.

[/INDENT]Berkey Filters - http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkeytech.htm
Your a jeeper, you can figure out what to do with these. Just be aware that it takes 6-12 hours for the Berkeys to perculate the water through the elements, again be patient.[/INDENT]
Notice how all but one category are removable from the jeep? Once your out of fuel, it's a cramped shelter at best.
Remember, what can be seen on you, or your vehicle makes you a target, or a threat.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would just stay where I am at. Not enough industry or military bases left in MI for anyone to bother nuking it.

Got enough kin and neighbors around here to band together. Old time farmers with good savvy and no stranger to guns. Live in the middle of fields, would just try to bunker up. Lots of wild and domestic critters to make jerky out of. I have a deep well but the water level is only 10 feet from the surface. Have plenty of ammo and small arms at least.

But I would park my Jeep out front, so all you heavily armed JK guys would know I was a fellow Jeeper, and we could just wave at each other (right?) and avoid a shooting war. We could share some home brewed booze

Last edited by Yankee; 09-07-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Roof rack and tent. Also, more lights and 1/4" steel all over the body.

But most importantly, a bigger cup holder. How can I drive from Arizona to Montana without it?!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd find an older Dodge 1-ton 4x4 with a mechanical Cummins diesel. Instal complete drive train under Jeep. Attach Tracks to axles. Grab a set of wire cutters and bolt cutters to go with regular survival gear then take off across country.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackoutJK
I'll stay right where I am if I survive the blast. There's already a whole bunch of like-minded people right in my own backyard. If there is going to be all of this Mad Max / Book of Eli crap going on, I'm better off hiding out someplace where I know the lay of the land. On top of that, I saw one response that was talking about how he would trade you a gallon of gas for something and your jeep would be a whole lot lighter and whatnot. Most true survivalists wouldn't advertise to you that they were about to show up, so someone is just as likely to get the drop on you as you are to them, even if you fancy yourself Chuck Norris.

Anybody with a kind heart isn't going to make it, and I'm taking their cool jeep and all of their cool toys if I get the opportunity.

I think the majority of folks who survive, really survive, will be the ones who spent a significant amount of time in the military doing more than one type of job. Even the most crack shot civvie wouldn't make it too far in a fight against the former military types that spent 10+ years living and breathing a fight. Those types are the most likely to band together and are ruthless. I just hope that they want me for my skill set, otherwise I'll spend the rest of doomsday having to watch my own neck and run fast.
Slightly scary but true.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

I'd bring plenty of drinking water. In case the coolant level in the radiator drops, I could piss in it!
(Red Dawn)

Quick Reply: End of Days - How Would You Modify Your JK (play along)