Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Grill Mod Problem?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I have always put a screen in front of the radiator in all the water cooled cars I have owned. Yes, it does reduce air flow, but has never been to the point I could notice any change it temperature.
Another furry little feline is lying dead on the side of the road.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by britjk
I have seen this quote in these forums before. I don't see any commonality in the context of its use. Would someone please explain its meaning?

I just cut a piece of aluminum screen (dark gray) 21" by 21". I folded each edge over twice, about 1/4" each time. The end result was a screen 20" by 20" with reinforced edges. I removed the plastic cover over the radiator and dropped the screen down in front of the radiator/condensor assembly, then reinstalled the plastic cover. It stands up straight and is captured in place. No glue or plastic ties at all.
edit to add: I think I see a common denominator: cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, ....................!

Last edited by ronjenx; 04-24-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Tried this mod almost a year ago....the glue dried but when the Jeep got hot the glue melted, made a mess. i threw it all away. What glue are you using and have you seen it get soft when warm??
how did you glue it? the square zip tie pads have adhesive on them, do they not? is that where you had the problem or did you glue something else to hold the screen in place?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have seen this quote in these forums before. I don't see any commonality in the context of its use. Would someone please explain its meaning?

I just cut a piece of aluminum screen (dark gray) 21" by 21". I folded each edge over twice, about 1/4" each time. The end result was a screen 20" by 20" with reinforced edges. I removed the plastic cover over the radiator and dropped the screen down in front of the radiator/condensor assembly, then reinstalled the plastic cover. It stands up straight and is captured in place. No glue or plastic ties at all.
edit to add: I think I see a common denominator: cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, ....................!
Every time you can a Jeep a "car", God kills a kitten. I believe it's a spoof on the movie "It's a wonderful life" where Clarence the Angel says "every time a bell rings, an Angel gets it's wings".
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always put a screen in front of the radiator in all the water cooled cars I have owned. Yes, it does reduce air flow, but has never been to the point I could notice any change it temperature.
Originally Posted by britjk
You can't call DEAD KITTENS if he's calling a car a car, no evidence of a Jeep called a car, final ruling......Kitten LIVES. Your penalty for a false DEAD KITTY call is one mod a week for the next month, drilled mirror mod, and painted A/C bezel mod do not count, or you can post a photograph of yourself showin' some H3 love!

All rulings are final, no right of appeal is granted for wrongful DEAD KITTY calls. Please pay the bailiff on your way out.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by yetibear
You can't call DEAD KITTENS if he's calling a car a car, no evidence of a Jeep called a car, final ruling......Kitten LIVES. Your penalty for a false DEAD KITTY call is one mod a week for the next month, drilled mirror mod, and painted A/C bezel mod do not count, or you can post a photograph of yourself showin' some H3 love!

All rulings are final, no right of appeal is granted for wrongful DEAD KITTY calls. Please pay the bailiff on your way out.
Thanks! You are exactly right. I just felt so bad, I didn't have the energy to explain it like you did.

Don't overlook the point of my last post in this thread (#12). I have installed a screen to protect the radiator from bugs and small rocks. It is easily removed for cleaning, and stays put by itself. No attachment required.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a 5 minute epoxy and the little squares that the zip ties go to but the expox gets warm and turns back to a liquid. I was using the kind that is 2 tubes with one plunger, mix them up and it is hard in 5 minutes. But not for long!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by brent_f70
I used a 5 minute epoxy and the little squares that the zip ties go to but the expox gets warm and turns back to a liquid. I was using the kind that is 2 tubes with one plunger, mix them up and it is hard in 5 minutes. But not for long!!!
I used this stuff called Gorilla Glue....originally I only used the sticky pads but about 10 of them fell off....with the Gorilla Glue....not a one....
Old 04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also used gorilla glue witht eh adhesive squares. Not a single one has come loose in over a year.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepbozo
I also used gorilla glue witht eh adhesive squares. Not a single one has come loose in over a year.
x2. A little less than a year but still NO problems

Quick Reply: Grill Mod Problem?