JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   H3/FJ Cruiser Recovery Vehical. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/h3-fj-cruiser-recovery-vehical-12935/)

seer1 08-03-2007 12:10 PM

It's amazing! In two pages we get from FJ Rescue stickers to our (mine being especially murky) heritage. I'm a pure blooded American mutt. No apologies, no justifications. I don't care where you or I came from, I'm only concerned where we are now. Although I sometimes vehemently disagree with what it is doing, I still love this country. Now that's all settled I have a friend with an FJ as well, so about those stickers...:brows:

I love this forum.:luvlove:

clubber 08-03-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144324)
Do you know what the word NATIVE means?

Yes I DO...........One of the peoples indigenous to a place, esp, as distinguished from strangers, foreigners, colonizers etc..........

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144331)
Yes I DO...........One of the peoples indigenous to a place, esp, as distinguished from strangers, foreigners, colonizers etc..........

OK so you admit that I am correct.

clubber 08-03-2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144332)
OK so you admit that I am correct.

Are you on drugs............?

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144334)
Are you on drugs............?

Name calling and disparaging remarks:
The death throws of a simple mind.

I'll tell you again, you are talking race, and I am trying to explain that, that, is a totaly seperate matter from national origin. I am saying there is no, nor should there be, any racial distinction between native born Americans. We are all equal, and unless we come to acept that, we are doomed to find the US becomming a larger Balkans.
I am not a forginer, colonizer, or stranger I was born here therefore I am a native.
Every human being, since man walked up right has become an invasive species, unless they stayed in Africa. The American Indian did not just appear here, they came from somewhere else, the same as the forefathers of every other living soul in this country, and any other place else you choose, outside of Africa.

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by seer1 (Post 144330)
It's amazing! In two pages we get from FJ Rescue stickers to our (mine being especially murky) heritage. I'm a pure blooded American mutt. No apologies, no justifications. I don't care where you or I came from, I'm only concerned where we are now. Although I sometimes vehemently disagree with what it is doing, I still love this country. Now that's all settled I have a friend with an FJ as well, so about those stickers...:brows:

I love this forum.:luvlove:

LOL, hijacking because the new FJ isn't even worthy of a sticker of its own.:eek2:
:rotflmao2: :rotflmao2:

clubber 08-03-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144341)
Name calling and disparaging remarks:
The death throws of a simple mind.

I'll tell you again, you are talking race, and I am trying to explain that, that, is a totaly seperate matter from national origin. I am saying there is no, nor should there be, any racial distinction between native born Americans. We are all equal, and unless we come to acept that, we are doomed to find the US becomming a larger Balkans.
I am not a forginer, colonizer, or stranger I was born here therefore I am a native.
Every human being, since man walked up right has become an invasive species, unless they stayed in Africa. The American Indian did not just appear here, they came from somewhere else, the same as the forefathers of every other living soul in this country, and any other place else you choose, outside of Africa.

Your going back too far in time......I think you missed a big chunk of history........

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144350)
Your going back too far in time......I think you missed a big chunk of history........

Clubber, you are OK, really. We clearly don't agree, but you are ok. I just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the interaction, and there is no reason we must think alike, that is the beauty of the US.
Now let me go compose my retort.

clubber 08-03-2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144356)
Clubber, you are OK, really. We clearly don't agree, but you are ok. I just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the interaction, and there is no reason we must think alike, that is the beauty of the US.
Now let me go compose my retort.

Yetibear.........your OK too...........no hard feelings at all , that IS the beauty of the good old U.S.A............:yup:

yetibear 08-03-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144350)

Now gimme a break. I argue my point going back to Jamestown, and ealier to the vikings and you tell me to go read my history. So I argue my point all the way back to man first walking out of Africa, and you tell me I'm going to far back? Do you want to limit me to just one year, or one decade, or even millineum? Any time frame you pick, it will still come down to place of origin. any American, living today, born in the United States is a native American, reguardless of race and color. We are 100% equal, you don't get extra rights and privilages because your ANCESTORS were here 10 years before mine, 100 years, 500 years, or 10 thousand years. The place where you are born determines national origin, not the place your great grandfather's great grandfather was born. It may determine his but it has no bearing on where I was born.

I am saying we are all Native Americans, and any distinctions that try to lessen the Americanism of all of us in injurious to the best intrests of the United States.

NATIVE:
Native is a term which in its proper sense indicates a person who is born in a given country or geographical area. In this sense, a person born in a country is native to that country, while a person born elsewhere is not.
However, the term native is has in many cases been used in a different sense: to indicate indigenous people. For instance in British India, "native" normally refered to an indigenous Indian, even if they were born outside India, while whites were refered to as Europeans, even if they actually were born in India (in which case they could in fact be described as natives of India).