Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone sued Daimler Chrysler/Jeep? Or will I be the first?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously though. I've always agreed with Shakespeare on the lawyer thing, but my wife retained one after her auto accident and he really steered her right. The legal world has no connection with right or wrong, truth or lies. These people(?) spend their lives blaming everyone else for everything. If you are going to enter there, take a lawyer with you.

X5 on doing the contingency thing.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah man if the lawyer will do the contingency thing go for it brah. Who knows. Maybe it'll be cheaper for them to just replace your Jeep. Just remember this: never never never trust your lawyer. They're con artists. Their first con is the defendent and if they don't get their money from that party, you're next. They're no better than realtors and murderers and terrorists.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are doing the right thing, you should fight for your rights if you have been done wrong.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

I say go for it. I have contacted a lawyer as well and I am in process with them. More people must do this, or Chrysler will just keep up these practices. This Jeep has been the biggest headache vehicle I have owned, which is a shame cause its a lot of fun and I have put several thousand dollars of mods into it.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the lawyer thinks there is a good chance to win , then it is a good idea to sue them .
Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have just as many problems as you. Maybe More. My JK is the biggest POS vehicle I have ever experienced through ownership or use through others. The whole situation has me in a place I have never been with a vehicle. Should I trade it? Should I keep it and deal? Should I fight for it to be fixed? It really sucks and I shouldn't have to think about these issues. I bet almost everyone here is in the same position and fits in one of the categories above to a certain degree.

I am currently going through the lemon steps as I assume you are. I expect to get screwed all along the way as I have been to this point. Your approach is more extreme than my personality allows me to be. I don't see anything wrong with it and hope it works out for you. I think if it comes down to it, I'm going to trade the vehicle,move on and accept getting screwed. I guess that is my way of limiting damage. You only have so much time on the planet. I'm not going to let it affect my life.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Unless there was some physical injury, you're not going to get much... even less if you want to go the class action route. With all the problems you had, would you really want another JK anyway?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by saltman
I have just as many problems as you. Maybe More. My JK is the biggest POS vehicle I have ever experienced through ownership or use through others. The whole situation has me in a place I have never been with a vehicle. Should I trade it? Should I keep it and deal? Should I fight for it to be fixed? It really sucks and I shouldn't have to think about these issues. I bet almost everyone here is in the same position and fits in one of the categories above to a certain degree.

I am currently going through the lemon steps as I assume you are. I expect to get screwed all along the way as I have been to this point. Your approach is more extreme than my personality allows me to be. I don't see anything wrong with it and hope it works out for you. I think if it comes down to it, I'm going to trade the vehicle,move on and accept getting screwed. I guess that is my way of limiting damage. You only have so much time on the planet. I'm not going to let it affect my life.
I am in the same place as you. trade it and lose my ass? if I do that, I won't have anything to drive because I am a full time student that lives on a ssi disability check (from some ass rear ending me at a red light in 2001 if u are curious). money is very tight for me as I am sure you can imagine. if I had no heart I would sell it to someone else for my payoff or whatever. its a good looking jeep, I am sure selling it would be easy. but selling someone a jeep with 15k miles on it that the dealer can't fix is not how I roll.

the lawyer must think I have a pretty good shot at winning otherwise he wouldn't mess with it. he won't get paid if he doesn't win. all I want is a jeep that works like a 15k mile jeep should. it has more problems than my 98 tj did at 130k miles. it sucks that chrysler can't /won't fix it and is making me do this. I really have no interest in suing anyone. sometimes to get people to do the right thing you have to.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to sue Chrysler back in 1988. I talked with a Lawyer and he wrote a letter. 1 letter only and Chrysler jumped on the problem and had it fixed within a week and I got a free rental.

Chrysler will not want that sort of action out in the news...especially now with the stock market diving and cars sales slumping.

It's my guess Chrylser will work with you after the Lawyer gets involved. But there are always exception to the rules.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just want to commend you on your stance of not selling your problem to someone else.

Quick Reply: Has anyone sued Daimler Chrysler/Jeep? Or will I be the first?