Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone sued Daimler Chrysler/Jeep? Or will I be the first?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
I just want to commend you on your stance of not selling your problem to someone else.
I wouldn't do anything to someone I wouldn't want done to me. Karma is a beotch. Thanks though.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I am in the same place as you. trade it and lose my ass? if I do that, I won't have anything to drive because I am a full time student that lives on a ssi disability check (from some ass rear ending me at a red light in 2001 if u are curious). money is very tight for me as I am sure you can imagine. if I had no heart I would sell it to someone else for my payoff or whatever. its a good looking jeep, I am sure selling it would be easy. but selling someone a jeep with 15k miles on it that the dealer can't fix is not how I roll.

the lawyer must think I have a pretty good shot at winning otherwise he wouldn't mess with it. he won't get paid if he doesn't win. all I want is a jeep that works like a 15k mile jeep should. it has more problems than my 98 tj did at 130k miles. it sucks that chrysler can't /won't fix it and is making me do this. I really have no interest in suing anyone. sometimes to get people to do the right thing you have to.
In the exact same boat, and when I called Chrysler I got the run around. I told them you forced my hand and I will lemon it. They said we don't want you to do that. I said, ok then get the dealer to fix my Jeep. They said they couldn't do that.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. People all warned me to avoid Chrysler vehicles, and now I know why. I have owned Japanese and European cars and never had these issues. A vehicle with 11K shouldn't have a leaking top, transmission problems and clunky steering that feels like Im driving a vehicle from 1980.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200
I believe they call that contingency. I'd not sue unless he is gonna get his money from DC. if u gotta pay him don't sue.
That's the word I was looking for!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am sure many of you have seen the multiple posts I have made about the issues I have had with my Jeep that the dealer cannot seem to fix. Some of you have even been to my website warning others of the issues.

Well, I am fed up. I called a lawyer in Dallas who suggested we sue Chrysler for violating the Magnuson-Moss act or something, and for deceptive trade practices. He said it looked like we have a pretty good case. I am going to let him know Monday if I want to do it or not. I think I do.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of suit against Chrysler? I know some of you have lemon'd your Jeeps. Thanks in advance.
As others have indicated, lawsuits are all about damage. My wife has been a paralegal for over twenty years. I can tell you this.....if they've TRIED to repair the Jeep, the law is on their side. The only thing you might be able to do is either get a new Jeep or get them to buy yours back. If your Jeep is modded, they will do their best to show that the mods helped cause your problems. Whether they did or not, you can bet that their word will carry more weight than yours, because they will have "professional" mechanics and/or engineers to back them up......even if it's a lie. They will do whatever they can to win. Plain and simple. If you go through with it, I wish you luck.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't do anything to someone I wouldn't want done to me. Karma is a beotch. Thanks though.
Karma is fake. GOD is real.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Karma isn't fake. Laws of the universe. The universe is alive we are living things in that universe, what goes around comes around. We are all made of energy and the energy you give off comes back to you. Call it God if you want.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow, dude! good luck to you, whatever you decide
Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Man, hope my JK don't have these problems
Old 10-11-2008, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi

I guess it depends on one's religious persuasion, Karma is a part of many non-western based religions

Quick Reply: Has anyone sued Daimler Chrysler/Jeep? Or will I be the first?