Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hi-Lift Jack Question

Old 02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Lift Jack Question

I have a 2D Rubicon, currently stock tires. Eventually I will go to 35s, but probably never any higher. Should I get a 48" or 60" Hi-Lift? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

No opinions, really?!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think the 48" jack should be sufficient. That reminds me...I need to get my Hi-lift jack back from a friend of mine who borrowed it after I sold my Scrambler.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

You'll never get stuck.....why bother !:toung:
Old 03-02-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said anything about being stuck? I might get a flat...
Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never had one and always used the vehicle jack. I never knew of the Hi-Lift, are there any web based instruction on the proper use? :confused:
Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On a stock JK I dont see how you could really use a Hi Lift with the way the bumpers and rockers are designed. Maybe in the hitch but the rear hatch would have to be open to do it that way.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hi-lift Jack on Stock JK

I must second Quadratech's comment. I can't see how you would use a Hi-Lift jack with a stock JK. Can't jack using the rockers or the bumper for that matter. Seems like you'd need one of those wheel adapters and then put something under the axle once it's up (log, jack stand). Am I wrong about this?

I know, buy new bumpers.....
Old 06-18-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

I found out the hard (expensive) way that you cannot use a one of these jacks on the side steps either! No winch, stuck right to the frame rails in real thick, not soupy, mud. had to get pulled out. oh well, at least it was a jeep that got me out!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, I can see that you'd end up bending the side step.

Has anyone ever bought/used the Lift mate (LM100) accessory for attaching the Hi-Lift to the wheel? Any problems using it?

I keep looking at the Hi-Lift every time I go to Tractor Supply. I had a car (Toyota) stuck in the snow last winter, took me forever to get it out. AAA would not even come out to look at it, because of the storm that went through at the time. I had to dig under the car and use a floor jack to get it high enough to get a plank under the wheel. Carrying a floor jack out into a snowed-over field was definitely not my idea of fun.

The Hi-Lift sure looks like it would have done the trick with the wheel adapter, but I want something that works with the Jeep too. Not that I expect the Jeep to need that kind of help in the snow.

Quick Reply: Hi-Lift Jack Question