Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How could we improve?

Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on my hardtop

I have had my x for close to 3 months now, and Im wondering if anyone else is having wind noise due to their 2 front pieces not sitting flush. I looked it over, and the manual says that the panels should be flush with the body line, but on mine, once the front (interior)latches are down, the middle still sits up on both panels about 3/16 of an inch. I ran a piece of tape across the gap between the windshield, and the roof panels, and the noise went away. I would think that if the lever style locks were more centered on the roof pieces, then there would be equal pressure across the panels. HELP!!! I have already called Jeep directly, and they just took down a report, but no recommendations on a fix.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

• #1 for me would be a Diesel engine option. Had my truck not self-destructed prematurely, I would have waited until this is available in NA
  • Simple method for setting the electronic features like door lock sequence, horn beep on lock, stuff like that without having to take it to the dealer
  • Brighter high-beams
  • More height in the footwell for big boots
  • Something to hold the rear gate open
  • Lockable storage option that fits with the subwoofer in place

Overall a great vehicle! Puts a grin on my mug every day.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I get in my wifes JK I find the Hi beams on. She doesn't realize she is putting them. on

As for power up windows. That will never happen because you will decapitate little Johnny.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dsp
As for power up windows. That will never happen because you will decapitate little Johnny.
Not true. My wife has a G35 that has express up front windows. MY mom's Lexus LS430 has express up on all 4 windows.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bayou Boy
Not true. My wife has a G35 that has express up front windows. MY mom's Lexus LS430 has express up on all 4 windows.
Great I'll have to go and pick one of these up and decapitate little jonny then file suit....... Jk's for everyone!!!!:toung:
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

How about a real horn?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwalker
How about a real horn?

Ya'll prepare for the DC onslaught.....I've gotta lot to say on this one.

haha, no kidding I hit my horn for the first time the other day and was almost embarrassed. Are they kidding??

Entry to the back seat SUCKS, my 79 CJ7 had better technology for getting back there. Put a flip forward seat with the seat belt mounted like on the DRIVERS side in the JK ! Geez, DC get it together are you stupid? That method worked perfectly for how many years? Its now easier to get in the back of the JK from the drivers side. Getting out is an issue unless the driver gets out and lets the rear passengers out.

Torx head bolts on everything. They suck. Quit using them.

It takes a manly slam to get the doors closed on mine...whats up with that?

I pay 22K for my freakin Jeep and you cheap DC people can't put an underhood lamp on it?? NOT to mention if you would lower the flippin price on those things even more you'd sell the heck outta them. Its a Jeep notta Caddilac, sell it like one.

The radio...sucks. But don't worry I think ALL OEM radios do.

16" rims??? Give me a break!!! Not only are 16" rims more expensive, the TIRES for 16" rims are even worse. AND can I take it down a size and run 15's?? heck no...or at least I think. I looked the other day and I don't think a 15" rim will clear the brakes. Quit bein like the masses and puttin 17's and 18's and all those stupid big rims on JEEPS! And lemme tell ya first Jeep Wrangler I see runnin down the road on DUBS (20's) cause you know somebody is gonna do it. I'm gonna scream.

Oh and the reason the Aftermarket is so popular over OEM is because OEM parts are insanely expensive. Its kinda like doin your own maintenance work. 30 bucks for an oil change is retarded. And when I can buy an aftermarket brushguard or sidesteps for several hundred bucks cheaper than factory, ya better bet I'm gonna buy it aftermarket. OR build it myself....

GEAR OPTIONS!! You can have power gears or highway gears. I wanted 3:73 or 3:55 something like that from the factory! I had two gear options, just TWO! I'm still mad about that. :whoaisme:

The fog lights gotta be turned on to be able to see ANYTHING. The headlights suck.

Turn signal switch feels flimsy. I swear it feels like its gonna break off in my hand.

Center console is tiny.

How am I gonna be able to put an overhead console and still be able to take off the front pieces of my Freedom top...oh and why in the world does it come apart in two pieces at the front. Kinda stupid. Would the passenger want his side off and the driver not? NO, it makes much more sense to make it in one piece for the front part of the top.

Stupid key in ignition door open dinger. YES I know my key is in the ignition and that my door is open, now quit with the neverending DINGING. I hate that

Stock air box sucks, ya'll can do better than that c'mon!

Duel exhaust option from the factory

V8 and Diesel options!

Dana 44 standard front & rear on all JEEPS!

Switch to turn ALL airbags off while offroad. (yeah I know I'm dreamin there)

Okay I'll shutup now...I've killed enough time here on 3rd shift. And yes I actually do LOVE my JK. There are just many things I wish they would think of themselves to do different or NOT change from the past. Hopefully the aftermarket will pickup the slack and DC will change on their newer models.

But till then happy aftermarketing and fabricating!

Yes I know I had excessive use of smileys in this post....but they're so dang cool....
Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Improvements

I want a Jeep w/Dana 60s stock, on 37" MT/Rs, on board AIR (like H1)

and I want a 5 to 1 xfer case w/a hydrogen powered V8 that can run at any angle

Plastic body panels that don't dent or scratch

and a windshield that doesn't crack

and i want it all for $500.00

Ohh, and it should fly...
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Archer
Great I'll have to go and pick one of these up and decapitate little jonny then file suit....... Jk's for everyone!!!!:toung:
I know you are being sarchastic about this one, but my VW has this feature in the front. It doesn't do it in the back most likely because of the scenario you note. I find it annoying having to constantly cater to people too careless,stupid or irresponsible to keep themselves in one piece. We are denying ourselves some of the upsides to natural selection by warning people not to use a hairdryer in the bathtub. Look how many warning stickers on on the JK. It looks like a rolling vehicle of death or serious injury, according to the labels on the sunvisors. Are those really necessary? If someone won't read the manual (where they also warn you not to drive this thing like a sports car), then what are the odds they actually read these warnings?

I guess I'll climb off my soapbox now. Oh yeah what would I change? Enough sheet metal to not do the boing boing thing when I wash it.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Default Little things

I love the rig. It's a far cry from the CJ I had when I first got started.
-My question is why don't they improve the air intake, exhaust and chip to improve the performance? The stock JK is fine but could be better with a few minor changes- which I guess DC is leaving up to us. They have to figure the majority of us will lift, upgrade and modify our rigs; it's strange they'd leave that optionable pricing/business on the table. Wouldn't you like to have the option of a V-8 or choice of which Dana you'd pick for your rig? Maybe the rush to bring it to market didn't allow for the engineering or factory tool-up time to make it happen.
Like I said I like our JK and my wife thinks the rig is the greatest thing since extended hours at the mall I worry less about random buttons and seat belt placement and more about performance - but certainly respect others views and opinions. DC should pay us for helping them work out the bugs - don't think they read our forum? Guess again - they're getting free consumer feedback from owners, most of which are repeat and loyal customers.

Last edited by biglynny; 12-19-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: How could we improve?