Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I didn't realize how well-to-do Jeep owners are...

Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need more than $50k to meet that.
i'm assuming the 'average household income' would include 2 incomes most of the time (husband & wife)
considering that, both fiance and I still don't meet that.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess that folks need to earn that much in order for us to afford all the mods that we "need" for our Jeeps...
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those type of statistics say very little about the jeep consumer. In New Jersey 100,000 is probably like 70,000 in the Midwest. Definitely skewing some results.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

I do fit the criteria above......but I'm supporting a family of four and I'm broke. Just look at my signature!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

I believe this is due to higher income earners getting back to basics. They're not spending as much as they normally would during an economy that was cranking, therefore reducing their spend on high dollar BMWs, Porsche's and Land Rovers.

Back in the early days, Jeep's were always priced higher than the vehicles that Ford or Chevy brought to the table. The Jeep brand stayed closer to their heritage in terms of utility and design, therefore the average joe connected with the brand.

If you recall, the XJ Cherokee was the most successful SUV/4x4 in history.. Jeep didn't achieve that status until they developed the 4.0L motor and Chrysler bought them from AMC/Renault. Chrysler introduced significant improvements on the XJ and that's when I became a Jeep owner.

The seven slot grill and live axles is what makes Jeep a highly sought after 4x4. Unfortunately, decisions made at the parent DaimlerChrysler, led Jeep into making some serious mistakes - therefore higher income customers went elsewhere. I was one of those.

And this is the reason the JKU 4-door was developed. What's that old saying?.. "history repeats itself."

The XJ was selected by Robert Cumberford of Automobile magazine as one of the 20 greatest cars of all time, calling it "possibly the best SUV shape of all time, it is the paradigmatic model to which other designers have since aspired".

Last edited by m998dna; 11-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats for sure.... JK is an expensive toy.... Always sucks bucks
Highly modded it can easilly be more expensive as Porsche, Merc or Range Rover SUVs..... And dont tell me that JK is better DD than them.... Without mods.... Ok lets say without will to mod JK is just another car for offroading.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AlexTen
JK is just another car for offroading.
.........another dead kitten.......
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I always find it funny that guys in end sports car and suv's are checking out my jeep , I fit in the above amount but when you are the only one working and paying for everything it gets tight , but the trick is to set smaller goals to get to the bigger goal
Old 11-24-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Haha, my hh income is pulling that number WAY down. Haha. Glad somebody has the $$$ to do what they want.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
.........another dead kitten.......

Quick Reply: I didn't realize how well-to-do Jeep owners are...